(S2) TᕼE ᒪᗩᗰIᑎᗩ᙭ ᖴᗩᑕIᒪITY #19: The escape. (Season Final!)

Jason pushed his head back into the pocket of air, ears pinned to his sides.

 "Is that the lab?!" Jason gaped at Dusky, who nodded. "We need a plan," Jason said. He found himself glancing at Dusky hopefully.

𝐼𝓂 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝓌𝑒𝒶𝓀 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽  Dusky wrote. 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓉𝓇𝓎 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽. 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓇𝓊𝓃.

Jason turned to Ava, Aloe, Flix, and then to Dusky. "Thank you," he murmured, paddled up to Dusky, and gave her a hug. 

𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓊𝓈.

Jason smiled. "I promise. We will."

Dusky returned the smile. She braced herself, and then with a mighty leap, shot out of the breathing hole and onto the surface, in the lab. Out of the water, Dusky looked larger- more horrific, maniacal, dangerous, and terrifying, her different limbs standing out, her toxic rabbit ear over one eye, fur dripping water, her eyes full of fury and anger. She couldn't roar, or snarl, but she could hiss, and the noise she emitted echoed around the lab like a thousand vipers hissing at once. A scientist trudged into the room, and his eyes locked on Dusky. He let out a strangled shriek, and attempt to run, but Dusky was on him at once, her jaws locked on his jacket collar, and shook him like a ragdoll, before throwing him aside, unconscious. Dusky's eyes pinned on a large, red emergency alarm button on the wall, and to Jason's surprise, instead of attempting to destroy it or jut leaving it, she smacked it hard with her tail. The tail whack seemed to be painful for Dusky, as she recoiled, flinching. But at once, the lights in the lab turned red, and a blearing alarm rang out. Dusky turned and fled, before a horde of scientists stampeded into the room with weapons. The one at the front shouted something, and they went after the rouge shork. Jason dipped beneath the breathing hole and beckoned them out. One by one they slid out of the water, and began to run. There were barely any scientists around, as most of them had chosen to chase Dusky, and they were out of the lab in no time, but it wasn't time to stop running yet. "Where do we go?!" Aloe gasped. She slowed down a little to let Ava and Flix catch up. "The bedroom!" Ava yelped. "Jason! Remember the bedroom where Glowstripe led us to? The hole could still be there!" 

"Genius," Jason said. "I think I remember where it is!" They ran for a bit more before Jason stopped at the door of a dark office. The lights were completely off, but the Jason could just make out that it was the exact same office that they had escaped out of last time. He leaped onto the table and removed one of the wall panels, and the four shorks climbed into the abandoned bedroom of Glowstripe. Jason studied his surroundings ominously- the ragged bedsheets, the dusty dog bed in the corner, and the slowly decaying carcass of Tortilla, Glowstripe's deceased canine. "It smells bad in here" Ava choked out, and Flix coughed in agreement. The small lemon shork looked as anxious as ever but radiated a soft excitement to finally be in the outside world again. "I just had a thought," Jason started. "We're still transfurred, as gootraxians. Will it still let us out?" 

"Hopefully." Aloe said. "C'mon!! I wanna be free!"

Jason turned to the small hole in the wall. "We'll come back for them," he breathed. He inhaled the facility air one last time, before hopping out of the hole. A flash of air greeted him, and his body was seized in sunlight. He felt the fur on his body disappearing, his horns and tail growing inward, his clothes returning. He landed on the grass with a soft thump. Ava landed next to him, and then Aloe and Flix both fell. Jason looked at Ava's familiar figure and grinned, before turning to Aloe and Flix. Aloe had flowing black hair and dark, coffee-brown eyes, dressed in a dark lilac jumper, about a few centimetres shorter than Jason. Flix had wavy light, strawberry -blond hair and few freckles, eyes arctic blue and dressed in colourful clothing, a little shorter than Ava. Everyone studied each other's human forms for a few minutes, before Aloe finally jumped up and brushed herself off. She pulled Flix up and Jason and Ava stood too. "We get the resources we need now, and we'll go back,' Jason vowed. Ava, Flix, and Aloe nodded. There was an awkward silence, before Aloe threw her arms around Jason in a hug. Jason felt blush finding its way on his face, but tried his best to suppress it. They broke away, and there was more awkward silence. The tranquility was finally broken by Ava. "Come on, let's go home and get some rest."

~

The end

this was very rushed

Chapter 3 coming soon