S.2 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕩 𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕪 1: The newspaper.

6 Years later

Jason was now 16. Ava is now 12.

Jason plopped on his chair and dunked his spoon into his corn chips. Ava was her usual cheerful self, and sat down next to him. "Got any plans today?"

"No,"

"Still single?"

"OH SHUSH."

Ava giggled. "Is it only boring cereal today? No good ones? Froot loops maybe?"

"There's still a pack if Cinnamon Toast Crunch in the cupboard, darling," their mother said, trotting into the living room.

Jason spooned his cereal as Ava poured hers into her milk.

The front door opened and their father stepped in dramatically, holding a milk carton and some newspapers. Ava burst with laugher. Jason smiled. 

"What?" Father said.

"Nothing!" Ava said as she climbed out from under the table.

"Wanna rhead some of mah newpahphers?" he asked. He dropped them on the table.

"Your newspapers are boring," Ava whined.

Then something caught Jason's eye.

On the oldest, most crinkly newspaper, in bold letters, said: Laminax facility discovered. 

Jason's mouth dropped.

"Dad- wh-where did you get this newspaper from?" he asked shakily. 

"Oh! That, is a very old newspaper!"

"O-old?!" Jason stuttered.

"Yah. Got it from the market dis mornin. Thought i'd be an interestin' rhead. You may have it though, if you'd like.

"I'll keep it," Jason whispered. He shook Ava on the shoulders. "Ava. You've got to see this. Come upstairs, quick!"

Ava followed. They creeped upstairs, went into Jason's room and locked the door. "Ava, look,"

The more Ava read, the wider her eyes became.

Morning news headlines:

Laminax Facility Discovered!

Last afternoon, French scientist Louis Beaumont has discovered a large, lively facility that have been hidden from society for years. 

It had been discovered when Beaumont was having a walk in an abandoned field and came across a floating hole. He managed to get inside the hole and found the innards of it.

"Dangerous but interesting," Beaumont had described it. The place was so big the scientists had decided to open a lab inside the facility. Strangest thing is, multiple beasts have been seen roaming the place. So much indeed- the whole place was swarming with them!

August 16th, 2019

News.co.us

Taped to the bottom were more pieces of text.

UPDATE: ALL creatures (confirmed) have been caught and are set to be experimented on again. The scientists discovered this facility has been tested years ago- that were how these monsters have formed. We will update soon.

September 10th, 2019

News.co.us

UPDATE II :  Sadly, and unexpectedly, Beaumont and some his other fellow scientists have been killed by the creatures in the facility. The experiments will keep going as there are still many other workers in the facility. 

November 2nd, 2019

Update III: Things are getting out of control. About 5 workers are killed in the facility every day. There are still large quantities of workers and the factory is not being shut down. Many of the monsters/creatures have escaped the lab and are roaming the rest of the factory once again. The past articles did not include this, but, truthfully, only a small quantity of the factory have been discovered. The rest lies a mystery that will not be uncovered. Have a Merry Christmas.

December 24th, 2019 

The last article looked the most crinkly,

 looking like it had been wet a few times then dried.

Update IV: Things are getting more out of control. Creatures are still escaping, but fortunately lots are getting killed every day. But some still stay caged. About 10 people are killed every day. We will no longer be providing any updates about this, and the lab will still be running. Goodbye.

June 2020

Ava buried her head in Jason's legs with a furious sob. "It started in 2019 August 16th!" she cried. "The date we escaped the facility! The dead scientist discovered it by a hole! The hole LUNAR cut for us for us to escape! Jason, remember?! Lunar the Nightcrawler? Jason! This was all our fault! It got discovered because of us! Many poor, innocent creatures are getting trapped, tortured and killed because of us!" She slumped on his bed, weeping.

She had a point. Jason didn't even had enough time to process that. He gave a sigh.

He straightened up, and gave a deep breath, thinking of all the things that go wrong surrounding the one thought that could destroy their lives. But they had to.

"Well, Ava," Jason said. "The only way this can stop is by ending this by the mistake we created  ourselves." 

Ava shot up.

"Let's do this." she said firmly.