(S2) TᕼE ᒪᗩᗰIᑎᗩ᙭ ᖴᗩᑕIᒪITY #9-The discovery

"JASON!" Ava whispered loudly. "WAKE UP!"

Jason opened his eyes blearily. What happened?

He tried to shake off any fragment's of Birch's pain and torture. Why was he in another gootraxian's body? What- how-

"Whaaaat..." Raspberry said in awe. "Jason! You're a natural! How did you kill a deer that way? Us shorks usually just herd it in the water and wait for it to drown itself! And how come you fainted?"

"Probably just scared of the blood." Cupcake growled, and chucked at his own joke.

"Oh shut up, Cupcake," Aloe snapped. "Don't listen to him, he's just mean."

Bloodclaw and Fang were both out of their usual hiding spots, munching on prey they had caught. 

Bloodclaw had a large, strange, flax-weaved pouch that was draped over his shoulder. Jason watched him as Jason calmed. Bloodclaw trotted over to the mouse buckets and emptied two pawfuls of live field mice into the pouch. Then he grabbed a dead rabbit, two chickens, and Strawberry had offered him a deer leg/hindquarter and he put all of those in the pouch. After all that prey, he walked to the fish pile and chose a large, fresh, silver salmon, slit it open, let the blood and organs pour out, then also adding it to the pouch. As he marched to the lake, he snatched a slender, grey fish from Pax. "Hey!" The shork said. "That's MINE!"

"It's for Dusky," Bloodclaw answered, and Pax softened. 

"In that case, fine."

Bloodclaw dragged the pouch to the lake, leaving a thin trail of blood behind him. Then,  he slipped silently into the lake. 

"I'm going to help Bloodclaw feed Dusky," Strawberry said, and she followed him. 

Then Jason realised he was still sitting in the pool of deer blood. He got up and trotted to the river, leaving a trail of bloody footprints, then washing the blood off himself silently.

"Your lucky blood washes off shork fur easily," Aloe said, walking up to him. "Anyway, what even happened?! You just tore open a deer in a few seconds, which was really impressive, and just collapsed!"

"I.. don't know..." Jason muttered, dipping his tail in the river and watching scarlet mix with water. "I.. I think I had a vision," 

"A what—" Aloe started. "Tell me about it..."

"Basically I was this juvenile Mochi in a test lab. The the got killed..."

"By a gootraxian?"

"No... by the scientists,"

Aloe gave a sharp inhale. "Ugh... I hate scientists, they made me kill some cate a few months ago. I didn't want to, but I had to. Otherwise, they would've killed me.

There was a small gasp, and Jason saw Winter staring at Aloe with wide eyes. Aloe saw him, and Winter bared his teeth viciously and scampered.

"Hey Jason," Ava walked up to him and Aloe. Jason cupped his paws in the water and poured it on his legs, watching the blood wash away. "Jason! Here," Ava held up squirming, a fat, silver salmon, presenting it to him as if it was priceless treasure.

"Thanks, Ava," he said, taking the fish just when it was about to drop. Without thinking he pierced his claws into the fish's underbelly.

He felt a sharp jolt of pain up his skull.

No.

Everything became blurry, he clutched his head in pain. He felt his body slip into the water and his eyelids flickered. There were unfamiliar voices. Roaring and hissing filled his brain.

Then everything became black.

Btw I'm going on holiday in about five days, so I won't be posting for abt a month. Also, I might be going back and rewriting my first few chapters in season one cuz they are soo crappy.

tysm for reading, and plz follow! <3