(S2) TᕼE ᒪᗩᗰIᑎᗩ᙭ ᖴᗩᑕIᒪITY #12: The choice

Jason paddled the water slowly with his tail. It was dark, most of the dim light coming emitting from Bloodclaw's stripes. Of course, this lake was made underground. No wonder it was pitch-black here.

"Follow!" Aloe whispered, and glided forward, kicking a burst of bubbles into his face. Jason shook his head and followed. Suddenly, his muscles froze at his tail. Aloe's body shot up and her eyes widened with fear. He couldn't move his legs. Or his torso, and slowly his arms, his head, and finally his ears. This was the paralysis that the shorks had told him about. His fur stood on end as he heard Bloodclaw's furious howl. So you still can talk, huh. He thought absentmindedly.

"Aloe!" He roared.

"I'M HERE! She hollered back. "JASON, IT'S THE SCIENTISTS, THEY WANNA TAKE ONE OF US FOR EITHER EXPERIMENTATION OR ARENA FIGHTS!"

"WHAT DO WE DO?" he yowled.

"LET THEM DO THEIR THING!" she yelped as Bloodclaw's tail brushed against her skull.

Jason's eyes skittered over the aquarium quickly, and made out the dull outline of Dusky, which looked like a radioactive monster. He gave a large gasp of air as his jaws met the surface. Blinking away water, he looked around frantically to see who would be taken. Please, please don't let it be Ava...

There was a strangled shriek and Jason vision pinned on the caller. It was Glory, one of the Pseudo shorks. At least it wasn't Ava, he thought, both worried and relaxed, before he felt another cold, metal  clamp around his throat.