Chapter 2

With his glasses, clean haircut, department shirt matched with his black pants and shoes, the whole female population in the gym looked at him as if he was a damn noon time show that can't be missed.

"Our field trip would be in Laguna...and we'll be conducting different activities for a whole week. Again, consent is needed from our parents or guardians. But take note, this is not a mandatory activity, this is just an unofficial activity from our department that we've been conducting these past years."

First to third year students are gonna be on a field trip in Laguna for educational purposes. But just like what he said, this is not mandatory, it is not part of our grading system and it will happen after our finals, before christmas break.

And according to my sources, there were only a few students who were participating but most of them are women...and I already know why.

I looked around as their eyes feasted on him as he spoke. Who knows, mas marami ngayon ang pupunta kasi siya na ang organizer. 

Finals will be over soon and I still can't believe that I am still breathing. I don't even know how I was able to do all my requirements even though most of them are relatively low quality.

And of course, I didn't take Mr. Gomez's suggestion. Naitawid ko naman at maitutuwid ko pa iyon ng apat at kalahating taon.

I tapped my fingers on my lap as I looked at all their ogling eyes. My vision went back in front again and the speaker was already different.

Hindi naman ako sasama. I am so damn eager to take my vacation and I can't afford to join another activity that is beyond our school calendar, especially that I don't like this course at all.

"Nakatingin siya sa akin...Oh my God!"

Napatingin ako sa katabi ko ng bigla na lamang itong tumili. She looked so red and she couldn't sit properly. She looked constipated actually.

"Kanina pa siya nakatingin sa akin…" She repeated herself again while giggling with the person besides her, probably her friend.

I raised my brows and I was supposed to continue listening again to the speaker when my vision caught him on the side of the stage, looking into my direction. He looked so serious, and even though he is quite far away, I still could feel the intensity of his darkening eyes.

He was looking at me? Or was it...

I looked at the person beside me again as she continued to giggle while looking at him too. Ummm....so that is why.

He must be looking at her.

I shrugged my shoulders off and continued listening. Just a few seconds more and my classmates stop giggling. I looked in his direction again and he wasn't there anymore.

I listened carefully kahit hindi naman ako sasama. Maybe if Joaquin is here and if he wants to participate in this field trip, then baka sasama pa ako. But he isn't here so nevermind.

The discussion lasted for an hour and when it was finished, it was almost seven.

Instead of worrying about the field trip, my final grades for this first sem are more on my concern. I need to go to the library again to finish some of my final requirements. Alam kong hindi ako makakabawi sa exams ko that is why I need to exert a huge effort at least to my finals requirements.

I went directly to the library after. There were quite a number of students inside, probably for the same reason as I have. It is almost finals and they are cramming their requirements too.

I choose an empty spot. It was a square table just enough for two people if ever. Most of the students were in groups and so they occupied the wide and long tables. Iniwan ko na ang mga gamit ko sa lamesa ko at kinuha na lamang ang cellphone ko. The list of books that I needed is listed on my phone.