Chapter 19

"You should also eat some veggies and real food, not always fast food, Lenikah."

Napalabi ako sa munting sermon niya sa akin. He gave me a huge portion of veggies and meat on my plate but I do not have the voice to protest. Both of our parents are with us and they've been watching the two of us like hawks since we started our dinner.

"Oh wow! I didn't know you were this closed…" Her Mom commented with amazement in her eyes.

Mas lalo akong nakaramdam ng hiya.

"I thought so too, El. They are a perfect match, aren't they?" Mom let out a hearty laugh after.

I drank my wine to lessen the nervousness that I was feeling.

"Right. How was your school, Iha? El is helping you right?" His father asked next.

I am not that really confident when we are talking about my academics. I sucked at it. And whenever we talk about it, I just wanna drop the conversation.

El and I are the complete opposite when it comes to acads. That is why I got the feeling that somehow his parents are sort of disappointed that I am not on his level. Who doesn't want smart and studios in law anyways? Or maybe I am just paranoid.

"Opo…" I simply responded.

"Mabuti naman kung ganun." His Mom responded, smiling widely.

"So almost two years from now, El will be graduating. How about their wedding?" Mom asked next.

Tumingin naman sa akin ang Mama ni El.

"Iha, anong gusto mo? Do you have any other plans after you graduate or something?"

I bit my lips trying not to answer her when I found Mom and Dad's scrutinising gaze. They both knew that I will be pursuing fashion and design after and they think that it is shameless to announce it.

Umiwas ako ng tingin. "W-wala naman po akong ibang plano."

"Mom, Lenikah and I will talked and planned about it. Pwede po bang sa amin na lang iyon?" El interrupted.

"Sure sure, Iho! There is no rush here!" Mom exclaimed happily.

Hindi ko alam kung maluluwagan ba ako o hindi. I have different plans but I am sure that I'm gonna get married first to him after it. I cannot pursue my dreams if I won't be married to him. My parents won't let me for sure.

We finished our dinner at doon lang ako nakahinga ng maluwag. El brought me home at kaagad rin siyang umalis. He wanted to stay for a moment but I didn't let him. It is almost ten in the evening and we still have classes tomorrow.

Katatapos ko lang magpalit ng pantulog ng biglang tumunog ang doorbell ko. I groaned and walked towards my door. El is quite hard headed sometimes.

"May pasok tayo buka---" I shutted my mouth when I realized that it was Mom and Dad who were outside.

"Mom...Dad…" Mahinang sambit ko at gumilid.

I opened the door widely and let them in. Pero katulad ng dati hanggang  sa may pintuan lang ulit sila.

Napatikhim ako.

"So...El likes you now?" Hindi maitago ni Mama ang kasiyahan sa tono niya.

Unti-unti akong tumango.

"Okay then...asked him to marry you as soon as possible."

Nanlaki ang mata ko sa suhestiyon ni Papa.

"We should not let the chance slip, Lenikah. Marry him as soon as possible. Two years of waiting is too long. Convinced him to get married as soon as possible." Dad said with conviction.