Epilogue

“What convinced your parents to accept the arranged marriage proposal?”

I looked at Gaston. He visited my unit after fishing for information about it, I don't even know where he got that info.

“His father was a good friend and a gem of the company. He contributed a lot.” I simply answered.

“She is pretty though, mukha nga lang masungit.”

He looked at the picture he was holding. Well, she is, kaya nga ako pumayag.

We have met several times already but our parents are always involved. We haven't had any personal conversation between us.

She obviously doesn't like me and somehow that refreshes me a lot. Sanay ako na palaging napapansin at hinahabol, and to encounter a person like her was like fresh air for me. I like it because she doesn't like me at all.

She started attending my university, with the same course as I. We didn't talk and I only saw her a few times with a guy. The same guy actually.

Bukod doon ay wala na. Except that she is always the talk of the department, especially the boys. They talked about her all the damn time.

Though she is already the talk of the town. But it should be fine, kami pa rin naman ang ikakasal sa huli.

I saw her again when we discussed our activity and trip to Laguna. She looked so unfriendly and cold as she sat near the stage. She obviously attended the program all alone. After speaking, I went to the side of the stage and continued observing her.

I am quite fascinated on how cold she was, parang ang hirap pakisamahan. Or maybe this is just her facade, para mas maraming mahumaling sa kanya? Cold inside but hot inside if you know what I mean, na sa huli bibigay rin pala.

Who knows. I encountered people like her, but at the end of the day, one touch and kiss is all it takes to reveal their true nature.

Our eyes met and I almost felt my spine shivering. I was supposed to avoid her cold gaze but I was drawn by how she looked at me.

She really fascinates me.

“Iho, Lenikah might need some help with her studies, will you ever have the free time to help her?”

It changed when her Mom asked for help personally. She told me that she is having a hard time with her studies. Wala namang masama kung tumulong ako, especially that I am active with helping other students too, and I am part of the school body.

So I guessed helping her wouldn't be that bad.

I was at the library that day when I saw her walking alone and choosing a two seater table. She left her things and entered the hallway of books. Kaagad akong umalis sa sarili kong upuan at umupo sa bakanteng upuan sa lamesa niya.

Not even a moment passed when she came with a couple of books in her hands. She didn't even glance at me but when she sat, I guessed she didn't have a choice but to look at me too.

But I was dismayed when she simply avoided my heavy gaze. Hindi niya ako pinansin. And it would be great if her reason of not giving me her attention is because she doens't want to disturb me and not because she doen't give a fuck about my existence, and I think the second one was the one applicable for me.

"You need help?" Maybe I need to exert effort so I started the convo.

But none. She doesn't really give fuck. She continued scanning her books as if I didn't exist. Okay, one more time.

"Your Mom said that you need help." I saw her movement halted with my second statement.

She looked at me wide eyed as her mouth dropped open. My eyes quickly travelled to her lips. Her red cupid lips. Kaagad rin na naangat ang tingin ko sa namimilog niya pa ring mga mata.