Chapter 26

"Nikah, don't forget about the after party, Simon is expecting you there."

Ervine has been reminding me repeatedly after our show ended tonight. Pupunta ako para magpakita lang. I won't stay for long.

"Ms. Nikah, pwede na po kayong mag palit." I nodded and Jude assisted me in removing the accessories of my outfit.

I was left with my brassier on and safety shorts but it's fine lalo na at mga staff ko lang rin naman ang nandito. Being in this industry for years, you should be comfortable getting seen almost naked when you work in this kind of environment.

Afterwhich, I wore my sleeveless short back dress with a high slit on my right thigh.

I removed my heavy make up on my own as I looked at the busy people around me. They have started packing everything since the fashion week is over.

Then I saw Ervine with a staff on the entrance door with tons of boxes and bouquets, probably for me.

"Marami na naman po kayong regalo." Jude commented then chuckled.

Nagkibit balikat na lamang ako. Ervine will be the one to open all of it to and will inspect everything inside. He is my manager and it became his practice before any types or forms of gifts would be sent to me. It is for my own safety.

"Do you want me to apply light makeup po for the after party?"

Kaagad akong umiling kay Jude.

"Thanks. But I am fine this way." I do not want to wear any kind of make up after doing a show, it is quite ironic that I am in this kind of industry, pero pakiramdam ko ang dumi-dumi ng mukha ko every time a show is finished.

So I want to keep my face bare after all that heavy make up.

"You're still the prettiest, Ms. Nikah even with the bare face." Jude complimented me while looking at my whole face.

I gave him a smile. "You always say that, but still thank you."

"Nikah, let's go! The team is waiting for us." Ervine interrupted our conversation.

Kaagad naman na akong tumayo at muling pinagmasdan ang kabuuan ko sa salamin.

"Thanks again, Jude, see you on our next show."

He gave me a smile and we got off. Bumungad sa amin pagkalabas namin ang maingay at nakakasilaw na flash ng cameras. I bowed down my head as the reporters started getting louder when they found me.

Kaagad naman na umalalay sa amin ang securities habang napahawak naman ako sa braso ni Ervine.

We entered our van successfully and that was the only time I was able to breathe in properly.

Hindi pa rin talaga ata ako masasanay kahit ilang taon na rin ako sa trabaho ko. It's getting tougher every day.

"I'll just meet Simon and I'll go home, I want to rest Ervine."

I looked outside and the life of the people was just starting. There is no night in Paris, people are awake twenty four hours. From their work to just partying, there is no rest and in between.

"That's fine. You need to rest for our next huge project."

My eyes settled outside and sigh heavily. I just wanna rest now and have a proper sleep. Getting ready for fashion weeks is exhausting and it never ends, but I should be thankful that the work never stops.

Unlike before I was just starting, it was hard to find a job, and I was just lucky enough that Ervine was with me and guided me all throughout. Kahit papaano ay nairaos naman namin pareho ang kanya-kanya naming buhay. I owe him my life and my status right now.