Chapter 54

I couldn't hide my uneasiness as I looked at the main door. El's parents are here and it just brought me back when I talked to them on the island. And I can't help but wonder if they still feel the same about me. 

El kneeled down and looked at me seriously. Hindi ko na maitago ang pagkabahala ko.

"I'm gonna talk to them and you need to rest."

Nagbuga ako ng malalim na hininga at unti-unting tumango. Lola Soledad quickly pushed my wheelchair away from him and entered the elevator. My mind was in haze as I looked at him still standing while looking at me until the elevator closed. 

Kaagad akong napapikit ng mata.

"Okay lang yan, Iha. Hayaan mo muna si El at siya na ang bahala." Lola Soledad assured me.

The elevator door opened and my mind went back to the interior of the house. And realized that it has an elevator?!

"Lola kailan pa po kayo nalipat dito?" I curiously asked.

She pushed the wheelchair and then stopped at a double door room. 

"Noong isang araw pa, kinausap kami ni El…at ito naman ang magiging silid niyong dalawa."  

Lola opened the double doors for me and the first thing that I noticed was the huge glass window with a thin curtain and the opened double door balcony beside it.

Literally, the insides really looked like a mansion in Europe. Lola pushed me again and saw how huge the room was. Napangiwi ako, I think this is too much.

I heard Lola chuckled. "Ganyan rin ang reaksyon ko noong una, Iha."

The bed was too huge even and the room itself has four doors. Everything just looks so expensive and the high ceiling made me feel more intimidated. 

"You like it?" I was startled when I heard El's voice behind me.

He walked in front of me then faced me fully. Tapos na ang usapan nila ng mga magulang niya?

Tumikhim ako. "You already finished talking?" 

"Mauna na ako sa ibaba at maghahanda pa ako ng pananghalian niyo." We both nodded at Lola Soledad and heard the door closed after which. Nanatili ang tingin ko sa kanya.

He kneeled in front of me again to level our eyes. He sighs heavily.

"They wanted to talk to you."

Hindi ko napigilan ang pagkabigla. Muling nanumbalik sa akin ang nangyari rin dati. El said the same too and the conversation that we had didn't come out good. Hindi ko maiwasan na makaramdam ng pagkabahala. 

What if I'll be treated the same? Or what if they will hate me more because we have a child?

"We are not going to talk to them if you're not ready. And you have no option 'cause I have to be with you. Or we can choose to not just talk to them at all." Mariin nitong pauna.

I bit my lips as I looked at him.

"I won't let you talk to them all alone ever again." He seriously added more. 

Hindi ko alam pero ramdam ko kaagad ang pag ginawa ko sa mga salita niya. I gave him a smile and nodded my head. He then held my hand and caressed it gently under his touch. 

He really knows how to calm me. But I wanted to talked to them, hindi naman pwede na hindi. They are his parents but whatever their opinion of me, whether good or bad, I don’t care anymore. And if ever they wanted me to stay away from him, I won’t give in. 

As much as I wanted to explore the house, I still needed some bed rest. Kaya wala na akong nagawa ng muli niya akong ihiga sa kama namin.

Namin. This is ours. This will be our home, a permanent one. I can't help but smile as I think of it. May matatawag na rin ako na tahanan sa wakas.