Chapter 4

"Don't ever cross this, okay? This is our slope of function..."

I continued listening to him as he taught me basic calculus. We started approximately one hour ago and so far...he teaches really well. I mean, I know that he is  a genius but I didn't know he was capable of  simplifying things this far. May mga taong matatalino pero hindi marunong magturo...but his case is different.

"Okay...got it." I simply responded.

"Try this one and let me check it after." He then gave me another set of functions.

I tried my best answering all of it while he did his own thing. His laptop was opened and he will probably review too for his own exams, especially that he is a third year student.

Hindi naman kami magkasundo kanina pero...I just ate my own words. Well, a part of it is because he threatened to call my father, so technically I didn't have a choice but obey him too. The only unexpected thing is that he teaches well.

I am still having a hard time computing some functions but if I rigorously follow his guidelines, basically I would be able to answer all of it at the end. Mahaba at mahirap nga lang ang proseso. But this is better compared to understanding nothing, I just need more practice on it and I will probably be good.

I passed him my paper and after which he gave me another set of questions for chemistry. I tried answering all of it again and after which he checked it again.

Pakiramdam ko napiga ko ng husto ang utak ko. I looked at the clock and it was almost 6, we started after lunch and we studied for almost 5 hours without a break. I had some strawberry milk and a biscuit while he had nothing.

He was busy providing me with questions then teaching me again my wrong answers. It was a repetitive process but very effective too. This was the first time that I am academically satisfied with myself.

And with all those hours, we remained casual. And I can't believe that it happened. I never knew that we could be this civil to each other. I had met him for over a year now and these things never entered my mind. Pwede rin pala.

But of course. I still hate him though.

"Okay, you are good to go with your majors. Do you need some help with your minors?" He was looking at his laptop then back at me.

Kaagad akong umiling. I can do it myself and it wasn't that hard either. My only problem is my majors.

My phone rang loudly and I quickly reached for it. His eyes then went back to his monitor as I stood up and answered the call. Joaquin called.

"Hello, nasa labas ako. I have some food for you. Get out now."

Kaagad akong napatingin sa kanya na nakaupo pa rin. I mean...pwede naman silang magkita right? I could explain to Joaquin my situation and he was even the one who was pushing me to ask for help. So I see no problem here.

"Hmmm...wait for me." Iyon lang at binaba ko na ang tawag.

I looked at him again as I put down my phone on the center table. Maya-maya pa ay napaangat na ang tingin niya sa akin.

"Joaquin is here. Nasa labas lang siya at may dalang pagkain." Akmang maglalakad na ako papuntang pintuan ng halos marinig ko na naman ang galit niyang boses.

"With those clothes?" He asked unbelievably with a hint of anger in his tone. He then eyed me from head to toe.

Napatingin rin ako sa suot ko. What's the problem here? These are my normal pambahay.

Muling tumunog ang cellphone ko at dali-dali ko ulit itong kinuha. Joaquin is calling again. I am sure he is getting impatient.

I matched towards the door instead and then I heard him cursing repeatedly.