1

Reese was walking along the streets of New Orleans where she recently relocated to. The reason for her relocation is because of some... obstacles she encountered while feeding. Some hunters caught her sinking her teeth into a fresh kill. They threatened to call the police—or whoever it was—but before they had the chance, she killed them.

It was the heat of the moment that caused her to attack them. She had stopped drinking human blood ages ago. Mostly because of sustainability—although it provided more energy, it was also more work. To hunt them and get them alone, all that jazz. Plus, the population in the town she resided in wasn't all that big to begin with.

After that, it made the news and luckily she had made sure her marks weren't on them. Her teeth marks that is, but it was still dangerous for her to be there while they investigated. So she packed up all her things and just drove until she didn't feel like driving anymore. Considering she didn't sleep and really likes car rides, she drove for a long time.

She could've just ran of course but she did have things she wanted to bring. Things that she couldn't easily carry, so slow car it was. She arrived in the historical town of New Orleans at around 3 am. The city was lit up brightly and the hustle and bustle was lively even at this time.

She had a sufficient amount of money. Although she didn't kill humans, she did steal from them. Only those who had enough, because it wasn't really logical for her to work—having to be out for multiple hours during the day. She could handle minimal sunlight and with her special medicine she was getting better.

Her duration of being able to sustain sunlight was increasing each day. Soon she could stop taking it and just live normally and therefore wouldn't have to steal anymore. However, that also cost money—a lot of money—so she stole out of necessity. Either way, she wanted a fresh start in this new city.

Other than having to send her address to the facility that supplied her medication. She didn't let anyone else know about her whereabouts. Her parents had died decades ago—being that they, themselves, weren't vampires. So she walked the streets—and through life—alone as usual. Until she passed by a big white building that peaked her interest.

She stopped and stared for a moment, trying to figure out why she felt pulled to it. She tried to shake the feeling but it was near impossible. Even when she managed to break herself out of the trance this building seemed to cast on her. She stood completely still trying to figure out what it was exactly.

Before she could walk away and continue her mindless stroll, someone exited the strange structure. A blonde dressed in all black walked out, opening her umbrella on the porch. It seemed odd to her—even though she herself had an umbrella—but that was reasonable, considering.

However, this woman didn't look or smell like a vampire. She could smell a fellow vamp miles away. She looked at the woman strangely as several girls, all in black as well, followed her. They didn't don umbrellas but instead just shades and hats. Reese hid behind a car, concealing herself, and watched as they walked away.

There were quite a few people who exited there, maybe it was a business of sorts. But why were they dressed in all black on a day as hot as this? Everything about it seemed strange and Reese needed to know more. So she ditched her walk and decided to do a little bit of investigating instead. She waited until the women were out of sight to move from behind the shelter of the car.

Her umbrella remained closed, since there was cover of trees and only a few feet to the covering of the roof. She walked through, feeling the sunlight on her skin and it actually didn't burn. She smiled slightly at the feeling and finally made it up onto the porch. She turned the doorknob expecting it to be open but it was not.

So she looked around before picking the lock and entering. It looked more like a house than just a building or business. She looked around a bit, taking in all the white—which was new to her. It was also intriguing since the women came out dressed in all black. Her curiosity got the best of her and she wandered further into the new place.

She had come upon a wall with pictures of many different women. She wondered to herself what this could be, who these people were. Was she supposed to know them? Her snooping was interrupted by a soft but stern voice. "What exactly do you think you're doing?" the voice echoed against the walls, making her turn to see the owner...