Chapter 8: The Demon Inside

Misty's POV

The halls were red as the door at the end of the steps slowly opened. A black mist covered the entrance as it growled, its red eyes staring into your very soul. It opened its gaping maw to reveal a row of sharp teeth. It snapped towards you only to be held back by an unseen force and torn away until it took the form of a child...a small child...

***

You blinked rapidly while still trying to hold tight to the raging monstrous black cloud of furry. Your vision quickly faded but still burned clear in your mind.

"PUNE-L ÎNAPOI! PUNE-L ÎNAPOI!" You shout at the Muma Padurii

(PUT IT BACK! PUT IT BACK!)

She looks at you with a face that practically shouts 'are you insane?!' as she looks at the child. You look at K as well, her back was arched as her eyelids fluttered and black smock continued to pour out of her eyes, nose, and mouth. You knew you only had minutes, seconds to prevent disaster from striking.

"PUNEȚI DEMONUL ÎNAPOI ÎN!"

(PUT THE DEMON BACK IN!)

"ESTI NEBUN?!" she finally shouted back

(ARE YOU CRAZY?!)

You look at her, then shrug before eyeing the door. The Muma Padurii looked at the door too before looking at you. She rolled her eyes before hopping off of the child and producing a sting of golden magic of her own and lassoing it around the raging cloud. You both ease the monster back into the child, her screams becoming louder and more painful as you demon becomes smaller, and smaller until it was nearly a wisp of smoke. Just as the child plopped on the bed and became silent once more, someone burst through the door with a loud crash, making the door fly off its hinges.

You look up to see a very hurt Mr. Morr on the ground, the door underneath his large body. He groaned and looked up at you with sharp blue eyes, his brown hair in a shaggy mess. You heard K cough and groan and your attention quickly went back to her. She shot up, tears in her eyes as she held her chest and let out a shaky breath. You began to gently soothe her but something, or rather someone, shoved you away.

You stumble backwards until some force catches you. You turned slightly so see the Muma Padurii behind you. You quickly shoot up as to not draw attention to her. Mrs. Morr and Miranda rush in, Mrs. Morr's face was pale while you could only see the ice cold furry in Miranda's eyes. Mr. Morr suddenly turned to you, his face turning a bright red as his eyes seethed with unspoken furry.

"NOW WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY DAUGHTER!" his voice boomed and shook the walls.

You looked at Mrs. Morr and Mother Miranda, before turning at the still enraged man before you. You began to unconsciously smile then laugh, a psychotic, uncontrollable laugh that bounced and echoed off the walls.

"What am I doing? No, what are you doing knocking down doors and disturbing my work?!" you scolded. He opened his mouth to retort, but you were faster, "I was about to cure her, until you interrupted u-me!"

"SHE WAS SCREAMING!" he yelled

K began to cover her ears at the noise as she met your gaze. The black that was in her eyes was gone and replaced with its normal blue. You give her a sympathetic look before turning back to the man, who was now in front of you. He opened his mouth, most likely to shout at you more, when the rustle of wings was brought to your attention. Miranda appeared in between the two of you, on her back protruding six black wings that rustled in anger.