Chapter 11: Attacks

Misty's POV

You let Miranda climb into your window and quickly close it. You were only wearing a black nightgown with some shorts underneath, but when you saw Miranda in only a black bra and white shorts you nearly choked on air. You just hoped the darkness of the room covered your blush as you kept your eyes locked onto hers.

"What on earth are you doing here in the dead of night with no shirt on and your wings out?!" you whispered shouted, making sure to only look her in the eyes.

She looked out the window while answering you. "As to why I'm out with no shirt in the dead of night with my wings out is none of your concern." she said sternly as you rolled your eyes, "But I came here to warn you that the men of the village are trying to find your cottage, and by the looks of it they're close.

You peek out to see torch lights and just scoff. Miranda looks at you curiously as you walk away from the window.

"What are you doing?" she questioned

"Giving those men a piece of my mind." you answer while looking into your wardrobe.

You threw a black shirt at Miranda that was too big for you. "That's too big for me, but maybe it will fit you."

You take out a short sleeved off white knee length dress, some over knee gray socks, elbow length fishnet gloves and your witches hat before turning to Miranda. She had the shirt in her hand and was looking around the room until her eyes landed on yours. She quickly looked away with a hint of...embarrassment?

"What?" you asked, confused on why she didn't have the shirt on yet

'What did I miss?' the voice in your head sleepy said.

You were a bit surprised that they were still there. They'd been silent these past two days that you'd almost forgotten about it. Almost.

'Oooo~' the voice purred, 'Doesn't she look fine as hell~' you just roll your eyes and try not to listen to the voice

"Why aren't you dressed?" you questioned

"My wings." she muttered, "I need holes in the shirt."

You make a small oh before finding a pair of scissors and taking the shirt out of her hands. You cut two large holes in the back before handing the shirt back to her. She carefully tucks her wings close before slipping the shirt on. As soon as she's done you open the hatch that leads downstairs and address Miranda.

"Okay if the boys are coming then that means K isn't safe right now. Can you please go get her? Her room is just past the bathroom." you plead to Miranda

She looked at you hesitantly before giving a sharp nod and teleporting down the stairs.

'So much for trying to be nice' the voice scoffed

You just closed the hatch before getting dressed. As soon as you placed your hat on your head you could hear the voices of the men outside and see the light of they're torches. You teleport downstairs and make sure that every light is snuffed out before going into K's room. Miranda is just standing there, her hand gripping tightly on the door handle as she keeps it closed.

"What is it?" you whisper

She looks at you with panicky blue eyes and eyed the door. You looked at her in confusion until you realized what she was hinting at. You pushed her away gently and slowly opened the door. At first you didn't see anything, but you knew better. You looked up and lord and behold there was K, just sitting in the corner of the roof like a spider. It looked straight out of a classic horror movie. Her long blond hair was draped over her face as her arms and legs spread onto the wall, holding her up. A faint wheezing sound from her as you quietly moved into the room, leaving Miranda at the door.

"K?" you muttered

The entity slowly raised its head and glared at you, eyes a dull red. She smiled at you, but this one was different. This one sent chills down your spine, something that had only happened to you once.

"Not K." the entity growled

"Not tonight, can't you let the poor girl sleep."

"And why would I do that? I do think that tonight would be a perfect night to scare some mortals that stalk outside under the cover of the moon."

"No matter how much I would like to see that, I do not believe that is the best course of action. They would most likely kill your host."

"That wouldn't be such a bad thing. I could finally be in a host that could actually set me free every once in a while."

"Then how about we make a deal? I teach the girl how to use you as a mass of destruction and in return you stop harming her."

The entity paused for a moment then nodded, "Deal."

A burning pain spreads through your body. The pain that sealed the deal. The entity retreats and K's body falls from the roof. You quickly spin a string off magic and catch the falling K before gently placing her in the nearby bed. You walk out the room and quietly shut the door before wandering into the living room where Miranda is waiting.

"They're close." she muttered, "I can hear their heartbeats."

That sentence alone made you blush a bit. You thought of all the times your heart raced when you were near her and how she most likely heard it. You quickly calm your heart rate and peeked out the window. You could see the lights getting closer and you quickly cracked the window open a bit.

"Varies." you whisper. The clouds drifted over the moon, soon making it pitch black outside.

"Revelar te."

(Reveal yourself)

You heard Miranda take a sharp breath as something warm hit your shoulder.

"Hello Misty." Varies purred, "How may I assist you tonight?"

"You wanted a sacrifice?" you asked

You could feel the grin spread onto her face as her breath hit your ear.

"Those who have come into our territory...chase them out, kill those who are too slow."

The entity waits for your command, her body trembling as her breath becomes shaky.

"Vade, vade et occide me pet."

(Go, go and kill my pet)

With that Varies howled and rushed out the window. After a moment you could soon hear the screams and shouting of the dying men and you could help but smile. You could feel each kill, how Varies claws and teeth sank into her victims only for their souls to be torn apart and eaten. You couldn't help but laugh at the carnage, the unexplainable giddy feeling you had made you feel powerful.

You felt a hand on your shoulder and turned to look at Miranda. For the first time that night, you saw her, really saw her. She had honey blond hair and icy blue eyes. She had fair skin that shone in the moonlight. You quickly snapped out of your trance and moved away from Miranda.

"Thank you for warning me about the villagers Mother Miranda, but I think that I should get to bed." you muttered

She only nodded before teleporting away, her blackened feathers the only things behind. You quickly teleport back to your room as well before flopping into the bed and drifting off to sleep, unaware of Miranda looking into your window before flying away.

(Word Count: 1226)