PART 38

"Mom... Can we talk??" Yeonjun peeked inside his mother's room.

Jeongguk looked up from his book and nodded. Jeongguk sat straight on the bed.

Yeonjun laid down putting his head on Jeongguk's lap.

Jeongguk looked at him with a tilted head. Yeonjun was never fond if physical affection. Nonetheless Jeongguk started moving his fingers on latter's hairs.

"What's going on in my boy's cutie patootiee head???" Jeongguk asked in the soft voice, giving a peck on Yeonjun's head.

Yeonjun whined and chuckled later on.

"Mom... Are we really going back?" Yeonjun asked drawing circles on Jeongguk's knees.

"What do you want Jun?"

"I... I don't know.... I am not sure, if I could ever call him dad.."

"Junah... It was... It was your mother's fault..."

Yeonjun got up snapping his head on Jeongguk's direction.

"That time... Your mother was at fault..." Jeongguk said not looking at Yeonjun.

"Wha...what are you saying?"

"I mistook him as a cheater and decided to leave without giving him any chances to explain himself..."

Yeonjun gulped down the saliva forming in his mouth.

"Did.. You.. You apologized???"

"Yes... We both wanted to talk to you.."

"Mom..... How could you mom..." Yeonjun sobbed loudly.

"Yeonjunahh..." Jeongguk tried to reach upto Yeonjun's shoulder but Yeonjun backed away.

"Mo-m... I may or may not show you.. But I did miss my dad... I missed... him in every small thing... I tried to cover up with hatred... But deep down I knew... I needed him.......................... When there were two parents with every child in Parents' Meet..... When there- there was... Was a basketball match... all father's were cheering for their.... their sons... I had... I didn't had any.... When the other kids go to summer trips... We couldn't even come to Korea... because I was responsible to respect your emotions....... Mom.. Mom... I missed him... I missed him all the time... But I didn't show you.... I was the elder son, I- I needed to be strong for you and Beomgyu..... There was no one who could carry my luggages..." Yeonjun hiccuped and latched on his mother, crying his heart out.

"I... I-I am sorryy...." Jeongguk was too crying on Yeonjun's shoulder. He never knew Yeonjun was suffering in silence.

Yeonjun's cries became calm, the boy was slowly drifting to sleep. Jeongguk laid him down and took the boy's  head close to him, pecking his eyes. He was admiring his elder son, who hid all his emotions for the sake of him, he was wondering what he did to deserve his both angels.

The mother son moment intrupted when Beomgyu came in.

He sulked looking at them both.

"Snuggles without me..." He pouted.

Jeongguk chuckled at the koala boy, patting on the other empty side of bed.

Beomgyu skipped happily. Instead of taking the empty place he adjusted in between Yeonjun and Jeongguk, and smiled sheepishly.

He looked at the sleeping Yeonjun who whined and slept again. Beomgyu looked at his swollen eyes.

"Is he good???" Beomgyu asked.