Chapter Five - What Could've Been

Hiccups POV:

I made my way over towards the cabin to wake up Astrid, but was only surprised when the door was left cracked open and she was no where to be found. I'd be lying if I said my heart didn't sink a little, the bed was made as if no one slept in it the previous night before. Did she leave..? I thought to myself. I turned around and started speed walking throughout the Sanctuary, trying to find her. How could she have left? I know she wouldn't leave on a Dragon and there's no boat. The sounds of the dragons surrounding me seemed to dim as my mind continued to swirl into a darkness, the past few days felt like something i've never felt before. I couldn't be the only one who felt that way, could I?

I stopped abruptly when I heard my mother laughing down by the water and I rushed over in her direction. I made my way over a little hill that looked out to the water below and saw them both down there playing with the babies. She's still here.. Astrid must've noticed me as she looked up in my direction and smiled. Gods she was so beautiful. My mother must've made her an outfit since her arrival as she wore a cloth dress in a light blue color with a belt around her waist.

"Whenever you're done staring you should come down here and atleast say hello!" Astrid yelled back up to me following with a laughter.

Shit. I thought to myself and looked away before making my way down. "I'm surprised you're up this early." I said as I walked closer to Astrid.

"Well, I didn't really get much sleep and since you were still asleep I figured I'd get to know Valka more." She replied gesturing to my mother.

I nodded in response as she turned back to my mother giggling, "what's so funny?"

"oh nothing dear," my mother said turning towards myself and then back to Astrid, "its just nice to have a female around. I haven't been able to have girl talk in a while" she winked at Astrid and they both laughed.

"Alrighty then," I added, "well is alright if I steal her for a while?"

"Don't worry Valka, when I get back we'll continue on our conversation" Astrid laid her hand on my mothers should as she stood up and made her way next to me, "what do you have in mind?"

-

We've been flying for an hour before Astrid finally spoke, "okay, are you going to tell me where you are taking me?"

"I'll let you know as soon as I know" I replied looking back at her with a smile.

"Do you know where we are going Hiccup?" She asked with confusion in her voice.

"Eh, I like to fly and just go wherever it takes us. Plus it was an excuse to get you away from my mother, though she means well." I added

Astrid chuckled, "I quite enjoyed spending time with your mother thank you very much!"

I shook my head and smiled, "I could tell, but it wasn't for your sake."

"Oh.." Astrid replied, she was at a loss of words and didn't bother to ask anymore questions.

We finally landed on a small island and hopped off. Toothless began playing in the sand and scavenging the shore for fish as we strolled along the beach. It was almost midday, the sun shined bright above us, glistening the waters as we walked. Our arms brushed alongside eachother with every few steps, and Astrid would purposely bump into me and laugh every so often. Was she flirting with me?

"So tell me more about your adventures Hiccup, any interesting stories?" She finally asked.

"I mean what do you want to know?" I asked looking at her as we continued to walk alongside the waves brushing on shore, "I told you a lot of it yesterday. My stories will only give you so much, which is another reason I wanted to bring you out here."

"You wanted to show me your adventures?" She asked confused.

"Well, I wanted you to see the feeling of freedom. My stories can only tell you so much, it's not until you experience it yourself that you really understand it." I responded as I looked out at Toothless who was now in front of us digging in the sand.

Astrid laughed when she looked ahead of us and saw Toothless and then her smile faded as she spoke, "I wish our people could see this. Could see him, maybe they'd understand.."

Before she could finish I cut her off, "they'd kill him the second they got the chance Astrid, we both know that.. Not many people see a Nightfury, Berkians believe they're one of the deadliest dragons out there yet little do they know they're one of the most intelligent gentle creatures known to live."

"What do you think life would be like if you never left?" She asked, we were no longer walking but looking out into the shore.

I shook my head and shrugged, "I- I don't know.. I try not to think about it," I cleared my throat and took a seat on the sand to which Astrid followed, "If I never met Toothless you would've won the Dragon Fighting class, I would've always been the Chiefs disappointing son, working in the shop with Gobber for the rest of my days. I probably spend any chance I had watching you from afar like I did so long ago.." My voice drifted off.

"What about now?" She asked, "What if you went back now and somehow things were different..?"

I closed my eyes trying to imagine what it would be like, "I couldn't say for sure. An ideal world would be where Id make my return, and my father would have some sort of understanding of Toothless and the dragons. I'd probably still be in that shop except not making weapons but gadgets to help the island, to help our dragons." I took a deep breath, "but that is all hypothetical, I'm just not the same Hiccup everyone would remember, I'm not really sure what would happen.." I finally added.

"Would you still be watching me from afar any chance you got?" Astrid asked jokingly clearly trying to cheer me up.

A laughed escaped my mouth, it worked, and I turned over towards her, "most definitely, especially now."

Her smile was soft and her ocean blue eyes met mine. I lifted my hand and caressed her cheek, waiting for her to pull back but she never did. Slowly, I moved my head closer to hers to which she followed inching closer to mine. Within seconds our lips met, at first it was gentle and sweet. I knew what it felt like to fly but damn this made me feel like I was floating. Her body laid back into the sand and I followed, our kiss turning from sweet and innocent into intense and passionate. My hand guiding across her figure, reading her every movement. Her hands reached below my chest and towards where my pants meet my skin. There was no hesitation, I leaned back for a split second as I untied my pants and took off my shirt. When I looked back at Astrid she smiled as she pulled me back in. With one hand caressing her cheek, I moved my other to the bottom of her dress lifting it only enough for me to access her opening that lied beneath the cloth. My finger slowly went inside her opening and she let out a moan of relief.

"Gods Hiccup," She said, "That feels amazing.."

My body filled with adrenaline as I continued moving my fingers in and out of her opening, eventually leading to her clit. "May I?" I asked grabbing my length down below.

Astrid looked up at me, "if I wasn't gonna let you I would've punched you by now!" She laughed

"Fair enough." I added laughing along with her.

I pushed myself into her wetness, she moaned louder than before which caused me to thrust more inside. I never want to lose this girl again.. I thought to myself as we both moaned in unison, enjoying the pleasure of me inside her.