Apocalypse Life Goes On

Cale thought that Dokja's reaction was strange – did he think that he had seen all the survivors before he was dropped from the bridge? Cale studied the man who was scrutinizing their large group. Dokja's eyes widened when they reached baby Hana – so he wasn't aware of the rule that the first main scenario only applied to aware beings.

Sangah started to explain, stating, "They flew across a few minutes after we crossed the bridge. All of them have been nice and helpful, so you don't have to worry about them."

Dokja smiled. "I have to ask... what's with the dead rats?"

"The presence of dead rats keeps people from bothering us too much, and they're in a bag because of the smell." Jeong, the one who had suggested this corner at first, was the one who answered. Cale laughed internally at the bewildered look on Dokja's face.

Dokja shook his head. "Is someone in control of this station? That Inho guy from earlier seemed to think he was in charge, but he clearly wasn't."

"That boy has a skill of some sort that helps him manipulate people. It doesn't seem to work if you know you are being manipulated. You should keep away from him; he's nothing but trouble," Ra commented.

Most of the group looked conspicuously in Inho's direction. He glared at them, but having been humiliated enough, he went back to whatever he was doing before.

Gilyoung, who had been clutching the fabric of Dokja's shirt, cut through the moment with a question nobody had been willing to ask. "Did you kill the sea serpent, hyung?" Dokja looked down at him in shock. Gilyoung wouldn't have been able to see it, so Dokja looked around with clear intention to tell off whoever let the kid know what happened.

"Yes, I killed it. I would prefer if we didn't talk about that; why don't you introduce everyone?" In contrast to his cheery change of subject, the woman he brought with him still looked to be on the verge of throwing up or passing out.

As Gilyoung went around showing Dokja who everyone was, Cale went to tell JIn Ha Eun what sort of things should be gathered from Jabhwajeom during her and Baek Ha-Joon's trip. On and Hong were playing with the twins, U-Jin and Min Joon, so he let them be. There shouldn't be conflict between the most empathetic (perhaps overly so) person in the group and one of the ones who only ever spoke to say their name, so this should be a smooth venture.

When Ha Eun looked at him from where she was sitting, Cale greeted her and said, "When you get supplies, try to grab toothbrushes, pepper spray, a flashlight, and either a matchbox or a lighter. Oh, and please try to get masks just in case this poison sticks around."

"Of course... I heard that you can disperse the poison; can you please come with us?" Her expression was sheepish, but she kept looking over at the woman that had come with Dokja – Jung Heewon – who clearly showed what the poison could do to a person.

Cale sighed. "Alright, but-"

"Here is Cale Henituse, who was threatened by the man who threw you off a bridge and he has talking cats," exclaimed Gilyoung who was dragging a regretful Dokja behind him. Gilyoung beamed up at Cale, who sighed and met Dokja's eyes. "Can you bring them over, please?"

On and Hong, who had heard the entire thing, let the twins get a few more pets in before scampering over to Cale and climbing up his body into his arms like he was a tree.

"Who are you, nya?" asked Hong, who was immediately bopped lightly on the head by On.

[The Demonic Judge of Fire is squealing!]

They all ignored the constellation. "I'm Kim Dokja. What are your names?"

"I'm Hong!"

"My name is On."