Cale's Weapons Class

A spread of bone weapons lay in front of Cale's group. They had moved to a different area to keep the smell away after they gathered a large amount of high-quality monster bone, and Ra showed off her craftmanship by creating a variety of weapons..

"Some of you will take better to the sword than others. That's why I also have daggers, claws, staffs, and clubs. Take a few minutes to see which feels the most natural – and be honest about it, don't pick one just because you think it is the coolest option."

Cale left them to it, idly thinking about how to deal with Dokja if he ever tried to control them.

[The constellation that naps in wildflower fields has gifted you 3,000 coins.]

[The constellation that naps in wildflower fields thinks that you're awesome!]

[The constellation that naps in wildflower fields is curious as to how you got so good with weapons!]

Cale kept his face carefully neutral as he looked at the notifications. There were so many coins, but... where did this constellation come from? He'd never heard from them before.

Raon looked up at him from his arms curiously. "What's a wildflower field?"

[The constellation that naps in wildflower fields gasps.]

[The constellation that naps in wildflower fields explains that a wildflower field is a large expanse of land that has mostly wildflowers as its vegetation.]

[The constellation that naps in wildflower fields has revealed their modifier.]

[The Bright Dawn Garden Dragon is excited to meet a dragon that isn't the Abyssal Black Flame Dragon!]

[The Devil of Blood and Static agrees that the Abyssal Black Flame Dragon is not the best company.]

"Human, look! This dragon is sociable like me!"

Cale smiled as Raon greeted the constellation, deciding to be less antagonistic to this one. It was annoying how many notifications they sent, but they made Raon happy.

"Flower Dragon, if you were here when my human was fighting, why weren't you talking before?" Raon asked.

[The Bright Dawn Garden Dragon says that they wanted to get to know everyone better before saying anything.]

[The Bright Dawn Garden Dragon also knows that they are very distracting.]

"I think we all found what works for us," Min Jung said.

Cale turned around. "Great. Before we start, everyone should upgrade their intelligence, speed, stamina, and strength stats at least once." He waited a second. "I will teach the smallest group, which is... staffs. Hyun Jeong and Mung Jee, step up please."

Less people had chosen the sword than he expected, but that was a good thing. Swords were hard to master.

"Hold the staff in the middle with about a fist's width between your hands. Your dominant hand should be holding the staff with the back of your hand facing you, and your non-dominant hand should be holding it with the palm facing you. It may be tempting to spin it like in the movies, but the only way that works is if you truly know what you are doing."

[Several constellations are taking notes.]

"Like this?"

Cale nodded, then demonstrated the basic strikes and blocks. "Practice those for a while, then spar each other. Once you get a better feel with it, I can spar you both separately to give advice."

They got to work, and as he moved to the next group, he prefaced it a warning. "A sword is a very large weapon. You still have to be mobile, so if you do not have a place to put it on your body that would not restrict your movements, let me know. I will find something to help – Yoo Joonghyuk seems to have many belts, so he might have extras for you."