Mildred Causes Problems

Cale sighed heavily as he fought off another monster. What happened to his precious slacker life? He'd practically achieved it... now he was doing work and exercise at the same time.

At least the monsters weren't very powerful.

He slashed the throat of one monster and speared another at same time, then leaped over them as they fell down. Spinning in the air to gain speed on his next strike, he almost decapitated the next monster with a powerful slice of the claw he'd picked up. He fell into a crouch and surveyed the area.

[The Guardian of the Domain of Rest has gifted you 500 coins.]

Where was the bastard god getting all of those coins? He'd only been in this dimension for a week – if the God of Death had stolen coins from the constellations, Cale would actually be happy with him, which was a rare occurrence.

After he killed the next few monsters, Cale glanced back over at the pile of monster flesh, goo, fur, and bones. Hong had been helping him, meaning he didn't have to fight without pause, so he rushed to the pile and threw another long bone and claw at the group.

"Can someone sharpen the bone into something swordlike with the claw?" He had to yell over the constant monster roars. It was as if they were instructed to do so for intimidation purposes- Had they been? Cale rolled his eyes.

Ra yelled back, "I will have it done in about ten minutes, dear!"

"Thank you!" Cale's voice was a bit strained as he responded while twisting to attack another monster.

He dodged a few swipes from paws bigger than his head. Jumping up, he twirled the claw to switch his grip, cut through the side of its throat, and yanked forward to tear out its voice box. The roaring had gotten extremely annoying.

A bit of monster blood had gotten in his mouth. He spit it out with disgust. It wasn't the first time, but for some reason, monster blood always tasted rotten. It was a different flavor than the monsters from Earth 1, and even the different ones there had different flavors of awful depending on the grade and type. He hated that he knew that.

After a few more minutes of fighting, Ra chucked him the bone, which had been sharpened to a satisfactory level. She had left a nice grip as well, cutting grooves in the makeshift handle for more traction.

"This is awesome, thank you!" It would be so much easier with the extra reach this provided, so he allowed some of his excitement to creep into his response.

He leveled up his agility, strength, and constitution a few times.

[The constellation that shadows the sun is watching with anticipation.]

"Did either of you want to stay with me?" he asked On and Hong, who had jumped off when he went to grab the claw and bone. Hong ran up to him excitedly, but On stayed back.

On settled in Ra's lap and said, "I'll keep an eye on your new friends."

"Hold on, Hong," Cale warned. He would correct On later.

The cat clambered onto his shoulder and gripped the fabric with his claws. Cale trusted Hong's strength and made sure to adjust for the new weight distribution.

Cale dashed to the next pack of monsters, gripping the sword with two hands and decapitating one. The momentum let him cut the throat of another without drawing the sword back, killing it even without removing its head from its body.

He let go with one hand, slashing from one side of his body to the other, killing two more at once. Grinning wildly, he ran to kill the next few. Indeed, this was just as easy as he'd expected. He was almost covered in blood, but he didn't care, letting it build up when it splashed on him in arcs from the monsters as he killed them.