Chapter 15

^ My sister's cat, Anna.

😂

Thank you for 15k reads on Dec. 14th~❤️

Thank you for 1k followers too. You guys blew my mind🥺

In light of that achievement...hehe

For those of you that came from I'm not poly, do you remember when we used to play those games together?

👀

I'm going to give you two surprises.

This early update is the first one.

The second surprise will be mentioned at the end of the chapter 🤭

***

The next day, I didn't have class. Thankfully. Though I realized a bit too late that I had work instead. Late enough that Hyunjin had left for work, and late enough that I was about fifteen minutes late while trying to get a taxi.

And...late enough that my manager told me to go home.

I had shown up late enough, that she told me to go home and not come back.

As in...fired.

So I went home, stripped out of my work clothes, and after getting screamed at by her, I couldn't help but curl up in bed and cry. Even though I should have been looking for another job instead, since there were bills to pay. But I couldn't convince myself to do it.

***

I laid there for a couple of hours. Not even hearing it when Hyunjin got home, or when he came and knocked on my door. Or when he opened the door and peeked inside, to see me curled up under my blanket.

"What are you doing?"

I ignored him, and just curled into myself even more. I wasn't really crying anymore, but it was still noticeable that I had been crying. And I didn't really want the unempathetic alpha to see it.

"Don't ignore me." He grumbled under his breath. "Come out. Why are you hiding under your blanket?" He scolded. "It's the middle of the day. You better not be sleeping. You'll flip your sleeping schedule and be tired tomorrow."

"I'm not sleeping." I mumbled softly in the clearest voice I could muster, so he couldn't hear my scratchy voice from my crying.

"Then get up. Since when do you lay in bed like this?"

"Since when do you care?" I grumbled softly. "If I want to lay in my bed, then I'll lay in my bed."

The alpha didn't respond after my words. I heard him coming closer, just a few seconds before he started to tug on my blanket, exposing my face. I quickly avoided looking at him, but fought for my blanket.

"What's wrong with you? Get up." He growled softly, while I hissed back at him and tugged back on my blanket.

"What's wrong with you?! Why do you care?!" I whined, just before he yanked hard enough that it drug me halfway across the bed. I hissed and rolled myself into a burrito, but that just made the alpha pick up my burritoed self to carry me out of my room.

"Hyung, stop it!" I hissed as he picked me up. "I don't have clothes on!"

Immediately, he dropped me back onto the bed. My body flopped, letting the blanket loosen up enough that my bare shoulders and collar bones could be seen. I looked up at the alpha with a glare, not thinking to hide the obvious remnants of me crying anymore. Hyunjin stared down at me quietly, while I self consciously fixed my blanket to cover my shoulders. Even though the alpha had seen much more, it was always on my terms. And just now, it wasn't.