Chapter 40

I have nothing to say.

How do you guys feel?

***

They didn't let Hyunjin come back with me.

Which made me nervous.

But...after my diagnosis, I was no longer that nervous.

After probably two hours in the hospital, with them doing a couple of different tests on me, they brought me a paper. At first, I was a little confused on what the paper was trying to tell me. But the more and more that I stared at it, I started to comprehend what it was.

After a third hour in the back, I was on my way out to Hyunjin.

"Hey." He crooned immediately, rushing over to me the moment he saw me in the lobby. "Are you okay, baby?"

"Yeah." I mumbled softly, shaking my head at him. "Let's go home. We need to talk."

"Can you tell me what's wrong first, baby? You were back there so long, I was getting really worried. Are you okay?" He asked as he hugged me, already gently walking me out of the hospital and towards his car.

"I'm okay. Let's just get home and talk, okay?" I mumbled, shaking my head at him.

He nodded, surprisingly accepting of my wishes after refusing me so much lately. He opened the passenger's door for me and leaned into the car after me to buckle me in. Giving me a peck on the cheek as he was so close, before he hurried to get in himself.

The entire way home, it felt like Hyunjin was being extremely clingy. He held my hand the whole way, and at every stoplight, he leaned over to kiss my cheek again. He seemed antsy, like he was worried and nervous, but he was trying to keep it under control in the moment.

When we got to the house though, his behavior seemed to clam up. Like he wasn't ready for what he was probably expecting to happen. I followed him to his room, shutting the door softly behind us as my eyes followed him. He paused, staring at the bed for a few moments, like he wanted to sit down. But chose not to, and instead turned to show me some puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know what all you've done yet." I said casually as I went over to sit on his bed, facing the bit of carpet that he'd hidden all those pictures in. "And it still stands that I'm not going to be happy with you until you tell me everything. I already know you've done bad things. I already have things that I could put you in jail for. And yet I haven't, have I?" I asked as I looked over at him. "So are you willing to be honest with me now, hyung?"

"...No." He mumbled softly.

"Why not?" I asked, not even the least bit surprised by his response.

He didn't respond. He bit his lip, before he started to back up towards the door.

"Don't leave." I hissed. "Get over here and talk to me."

He paused. Glancing back nervously, but just freezing in place.

"I don't want you to leave me." He mumbled softly. "I finally get to be your mate. Why did you have to snoop, Felix? We could've been fine..."

"I'm not leaving you." I grumbled. "If you would just talk to me, maybe you'd have that figured out by now."

"I don't want to talk about this. You haven't been listening to me at all. I don't want you to know what I've been up to. Because you could decide at any time that you want to leave me. The first time I fuck up, you could up and go. You could get a restraining order on me like this. You could force me to leave if you really wanted to. And I don't want to go."