Chapter 16

Thank you for 16k on Dec. 17th and 17k on Dec. 18th~❤️

Good morning!

I literally just woke up 🥲 I slept 5 hours. And I am still tired, but my body was like "Hey, get up! Cause ykw? Fuck you!" And now I'm awake.

But lucky you guys, that means you get the chapter earlier in the day 😅

Also, for those of you that don't follow me and didn't get a notification of my post, you guys completed the challenge. So the next update is on the 22nd 😆

Another bit of good news--

This chapter is 5.5k words long. 2k words longer than my typical chapter 🤭

Enjoy~~ Love you guys~🥰❤️😘

Edit: Btw, my description does no justice. Hyunjin is wearing his motley crue performance clothes. Remember those? Yeah. That's what he's wearing. Woof.

***

The next day, it was my birthday.

And...

Surprisingly, even though I had pissed him off yesterday, Hyunjin...had made time for me. I woke up to the sound of quick taps, that after getting up and leaving my room in just a pair of boxers and bed head, I found was the chopping of some vegetables on my wooden cutting board.

I squinted my eyes and lifted my hand to block the kitchen's light from my eyes as I stared at Hyunjin in his glory, wearing a pair of tight black jeans and a white button up with the sleeves rolled up and the top two buttons undone.

Even as I entered the kitchen, he didn't acknowledge me. Just kept cutting a bunch of carrots at the speed of light before he dropped them into a bowl next to the board.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a deep, raspy morning voice that seemed to make Hyunjin pause momentarily, before his eyes shifted over to me as my voice came out like that of one you'd see a demon having in movies.

"Cutting." He answered simply.

"Why?"

He didn't answer. Just went back to cutting. I scrunched my nose at him, before I curiously approached him and peeked into the bowl he had put the carrots in, to find raw potatoes, mushrooms and onions in it too.

I instantly regretted coming closer, as the pungent aroma of the onions made my eyes start to water. I whimpered and backed away, earning the alpha's attention as my hands instinctively went to rub my eyes.

He sighed at me, before he set down the knife he held and went to wash his hands. Then, he wet a clean rag and walked over to me.

"Move your hands. You know better than to touch your eyes when onions make you cry. You're just rubbing it in." He mumbled as he gently brushed my wrists aside, before he gently rubbed the wet rag over my eyes, trying to soothe the irritation. I whined softly at him, but obediently stayed still as I started to sniffle.

"I didn't know you had onions..." I whimpered. "Why aren't you crying?"

"I'm immune to it."

"What?" I sniffled. "What kind of elite genes do you have, you bastard? What do you mean you're immune to onion crying?"

He huffed at me. "Onions cause a chemical reaction in the air when you cut them, and your body makes you cry to protect your eyes from the reaction. The more you cut onions, your body can get used to the reaction. Hence, immunity."