Chapter 38

I love it when the pictures I've got saved are blurrier than my vision without my contacts in 😃 why did I pay 200$ for contacts just to look at Felix in 144p?

***

The moment that I opened the door to Hyunjin and I's apartment, I heard movement inside. And just a moment later, Hyunjin's bedroom door opened. He wore a blank expression, even when he made direct eye contact with Chan.

"Hey." Chan mumbled, standing up to the other alpha immediately as Jeongin and I stepped around the two to go further inside.

"Hi." Hyunjin replied, frowning at Chan before his eyes followed after me.

"We've got to put our project together." I said softly as I looked back at him a bit nervously.

"Oh." Hyunjin mumbled. A very different response than what I would've expected from him. "Okay. Set up in here then." He said, pointing to the couch but never taking his eyes off of me. His expression was unreadable, which just made me feel more nervous about his immediate presence when we got here.

"I wouldn't want to bother you." I mumbled. "We'd be so close to your room in here. We can just go to my room." I said as I motioned to the wall, as his bedroom was on the other side of the wall that the couch was up against.

"No." He said, motioning to the couch again. "In here."

"Why?"

"Because." He mumbled softly. "I don't want to smell anyone else's scent in your room when we sleep tonight."

I felt a bit annoyed by his adamance and his words. Mainly because I'd tried already to tell him that I wasn't going to be lovey dovey with him until he talked to me. But I didn't want to test Hyunjin's patience. I obediently nodded, though that seemed to test Chan's patience now. But Chan didn't say anything. When I set my bag down next to the couch, so did he. He and Jeongin both sat down while I went to go and get some drinks. Well aware of Hyunjin following me.

I set a bottle of coke down on the counter and dug in the cabinet to get some glasses. Paying little mind to Hyunjin behind me, even as he came well into my space bubble and placed his hands on the counter around me. He leaned in and kissed my cheek as I was pouring the coke into the glasses.

"A warning would've been nice." He whispered in my ear. "It feels like you're angering me on purpose, Felix."

"It was Chan hyung's idea." I mumbled simply. "He's worried about me. And he's scoping you out." I said honestly as I turned around to face him. "I don't want to make the man I love angry. But I'm not going to turn a blind eye to your behavior. Not this behavior happening now, or any past behaviors."

His jaw clenched and he leaned in closer to me. But rather than doing or saying something mean like I half expected him to, the alpha pecked me on the lips.

"I regret a lot of things, Felix. I've come very far. Too far to back off now. And too far to let things end. You really can't just be happy with me like you were before? We're in love, aren't we? So why do you have to go and complicate things? You're safe with me. I'm in love with you, baby. I want to give you the world. But you're stunting my ability to do that. And it's really starting to make me mad, love."

"Well." I bit my lip. "Unfortunately, hyung, you've already experienced how stubborn I am. So...you know that this is hopeless. If you won't tell me, then I'll just figure it out myself. Why can't you just let me know the truth? So we can move on together?"

"You don't need to know any truths for us to move on, love. All you need to know is that I love you. I've loved you for a very long time, and I want to be with you forever. Isn't that enough?"