5

NEW START

<————•••————>

<————•••————>

The Summer was quite pleasant for Cass. She was hanging out and catching up with her uncle for most of the time, otherwise she was out with Jasper since Alice wasn't home pretty much the whole Summer. The three exchanged letters frequently, like every Summer and Jasper would always tease Cass about Fred, even though the only owl she received from him, was a big thank you since he passed all his o.w.l.'s. She wrote him back of course, but after that, no further letter came.

She was quite excited to be back at school and she also wanted to see him again. She didn't have a crush on him, he was just nice the last year and she liked being around him, nothing more and nothing less.

She was never the biggest quidditch fan so she was quite glad she didn't go to the World Championship, after she heard what happened. The death eaters attacked and burned down the whole camping place. She really hoped that everyone was okay and nobody got seriously injured.

And now the new school year started, Cass and Jasper sat at the Slytherin table after the first years got sorted.

Cass looked around the room and saw Fred talking to his brother. She gazed over to him for a moment before focusing back on her hands.

Was he avoiding her or did he simply not want to see her? Was she only useful to him because of their tutoring sessions? After she had given him a hug, she thought that they were at least acquaintances.

After everyone finished eating and chatting, Dumbledore got the attention of the room by speaking up loudly, "So! Now that we are all fed and watered, I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices. Mr Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of obiects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it."

A small smile beamed onto his lips as he looked around through his half moon glasses, "As ever, I would like to remind you all that the Forest grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year.
It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

Cass could not have cared any less since she wouldn't have gone to any matches anyways, though a particular loud voice caught her attention.

"Bloody stupid!" Jasper yelled.

Cass chuckled to herself before turning her attention back to the headmaster.