19

WE MEET AGAIN

<————•••————>

<————•••————>

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss." Dumbledore took a deep breath and started explaining. Everyone could see in his eyes how terribly exhausted that man was, "Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." Quiet gasps full of sorrow filled the hall, "The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." He said, his voice filled with sorrow and acceptance as his eyes hushed over all the students in the great hall.

Two things were clear.

Number one, Cedric Diggory, a friend, son and lover, was murdered in cold blood.

And Number two, Lord Voldemort was back and no one could do anything about it.

<————•••————>

And that's exactly how Cass' sixth year ended. The train ride back home was filled with memories, which were revived by students.

Cass didn't know Cho well, yet she still went to the Ravenclaw girl and offered her condolences.

The rest of the ride was just Cass talking to Jasper and Alice, like always, though she didn't tell them about what occurred between her and Fred. She would do it when something actually happened.

Back home, she fell into the familiar arms of Sirius and Remus, making her feel much safer than she did before.

"So, how was school this year, kiddo? I mean apart from...you know." Sirius cocked his head to the side for a moment after they all sat down around the kitchen table with dinner.

"It was fine...yea, though slightly chaotic." Cass chuckled as she thought back.

"That's good. Every single years of ours was incredibly chaotic." Sirius snorted and grinned.

Remus shook his head and rolled his eyes playfully before looking at Cass with sympathy in his eyes, "How are Jasper and Alice?"