26

DUMBLEDORE's ARMY

<————•••————>

A week had passed since Harry asked Cass to join. She also got permission to invite Jasper and Alice. 'The more, the merrier' were the words Hermine used with an unsure smile on her rosy lips.

And now the three were sitting in the backroom of the Hogs Head while the snow covered the grass outside, surrounded by other Hufflepuffs, Raveneclaws and Gryffindors. Though they noticed that Jasper and Cass were the only Slytherins. Not that they really cared about it either though.

Fred was also there and Cass was debating with herself whether or not to talk about their situation with him. She felt sort of guilty for having left like she had.

Suddenly Hermine stood up. The tension in the room was thick and it only grew thicker to see the girl so nervous.

"Uhm, hi...so you all now why we're here. We need a teacher, a proper teacher, one who's had real experience defending himself against the dark Arts." She began.

"Why?" A random guy asked.

"Why?" Ron spat, "Because you-know-who is back, you tosspot."

"So he says." The guy spoke up once again, jerking his head towards Harry.

"So Dumbledore says." Hermine interrupted.

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where is the proof?"

"Twat." Cass cursed quietly to herself while rolling her eyes.

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed." Another kid asked and Jasper and Cass noticed how many people from other houses they actually didn't know.

"I'm not gonna talk about Cedric so if that's why you're here, you might as well clear out now." Harry said, visibly on edge as he stood up and turned to Hermine, "Come on, Hermine, let's go. They're all just here because they think I'm some sort of freak." He mumbled to her.

"Wait." She mumbled back.

"Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?" Luna Lovegood spoke up in her dreamy voice and the room turned to look at her.

"Yes I've seen it." Hermine stated, her demeanor changed completely to being much more confident.

"Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that." Dean, Alice's brother, said baffled. Alice and Jasper were about as shocked as him. Cass had known since Remus had told her about the boy's accomplishments.