Chapter 7 First date

The next day
I sighed after I finished telling Erza, Cana, Mira and Lucy what happened last night. There was a big smile on my face that wouldn't go away. "I never thought this would happen. If I'm dreaming all of this, first I'm gonna cry when I wake up then I'm actually gonna confess and see what happens." I told them, laughing lightly as I was still in a bit of shock.

Cana rolled her eyes at how I was acting. "If I knew you would be this corny when I talked to you yesterday, I might've stayed quiet." She joked before taking a swing from her drink.

I laughed a bit then sighed lightly. "I get it, I'm a bit corny but I've been waiting years to finally get an answer from Gray. In the past, I've tried to get some sort of reaction from him. Every pickup like, the little hints, even teasing him a bit and the only thing I got was blushing until recently. Now that I've finally told him out right, I guess he realizes I really like him." I told her getting aww's from Mira and Lucy.

Erza sighed before shaking her head. "Gray should've seen it earlier. There's not one other person in this guild you have done that stuff to. All of that indicated you had feelings for him." She said, kinda sounding like a disappointed mom. I remember she helped me with some of the stuff I did to Gray. Mainly the pickup lines. She actually has some really good ones.

A shiver went up my spine when I felt we were being watched. "Anyone else feel like they're being watched?" I asked them, suddenly getting a little nervous. I could tell Cana could also feel because she had the same look on her face that I was feeling.

She stood up and looked around but couldn't find anything. "I don't see anything but I still feel it. It almost feels like someone's stalking one of us." She told us, still on guard. She sat down anyway and knocked over her drink, making it spill all over me. "Shit, sorry. Didn't mean to do that." She said before getting some napkins to clean the drink up. We got it cleaned up but we still couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. Despite that, we continued our day and talked more.

A few days later
I took a deep breath as I got ready to knock on the door of Gray's dorm. The thing is, I didn't have to knock because he came out before I could even try. "Hey (Y/N). You ready to go?" He asked me with a small smile. He was wearing a casual navy blue button down shirt and jeans that were a bit baggy but looked good on him.

I smiled back at him, lifting my hand for him to take. "I'm ready when you are." I told him as my smile turned into a tiny smirk. He rolled his eyes before grabbing my hand, his cheeks turning a bit pink. We walked out of the dormitory together, hands locked together.

We got out and I couldn't hold back the smile that was on my face. I've been dreaming of this happening for years and now... now it's really happening. "You seem more cheerful than normal." Gray mentioned, seemingly happy about that fact.

I sighed lightly as we walked through the town. "Why wouldn't I be cheerful? After all, I'm on a date with you. There's no way I can't not be happy." I told him, walking up a hill towards the forest. I noticed he was blushing more when we got closer to the spot I picked out for the date.

I could tell he was confused about why we went to the forest at first but as we got farther in, the less confused he got since he knew where we were. I brought him to a shallow river bank close to my house that had a waterfall cascading down the cliff above us. There was a blanket by the river for us to sit on.

He looked at it in amazement as he tried remembering when he saw this. "Now I remember. You showed this to me on my birthday once. You said something like-" I cut him off since I remember exactly what I said that day.

"This maybe a beautiful sight but this isn't the most beautiful thing I've seen." I told him, making him go speechless. After 2 years he finally understands what I meant.