Chapter 18 Guilds, assemble!

A few weeks later
The Fantasia Parade went off without a hitch. Natsu and Gajeel were beaten up but still joined, I made an illusion of hearts, diamonds, clubs, spades and aces flying around our float with the added Fairy Tail emblems.

Now, we're at the 8 Island restaurant owned my Mr. Yajima on a job and it was an hour to closing and we were on our last dish of the night. Lucy, Happy, Gray, Erza and Natsu were part of their waitstaff and I was in the kitchen with Mr. Yajima using my crush magic to cut the fruits, vegetables and meats and also just cooking in general.

It had been pretty much quiet in the kitchen for the last few hours so I had an idea. "So, you used to be a member of the Fairy Tail guild too, right?" I asked Mr. Yajima as I was 'cutting' the potatoes.

He nodded as he was cooking. "Why do you ask, young man?" He asked me as he fried the meat. He seemed to be very focused on the meat.

I put the potatoes in a pan then grabbed some tomatoes and did the same thing. "I heard you were friends with my grandparents and wanted to know about them. A man and woman with the last name Alberona." I explained and his eyes went wide. He turned to look at me with a shocked expression.

He cleared his throat and went back to cooking. "What would you like to know about them?" He asked me with a somber tone in voice and a somber look. It's obvious that he missed them a lot from his reaction.

I laughed nervously at that. "Anything, really. Their names, what they were like, how they acted. I low little to nothing about them except that they were in the guild and one of them was related to one of the founders. I haven't have a chance to talk to the Master about it because he's been distracted after he kicked Laxus from the guild." I told him when I just finished 'cutting' the vegetables needed for the last dish.

He sighed as I brought the pan to the stove and turned it on to start helping cook. "Listen carefully. We don't have much time left." He told me with a bittersweet smile on his face. It made me feel a bit bad for asking him.

The next day
The day before Mr. Yajima told me about my grandparents, Camellia and Ryan Alberona. My grandfather, Ryan, used card magic like me, Cana and my mom use and my grandmother, Camellia, used green magic like her father but he didn't tell me anything about him. He also told me some stories about them but that was all he told me so far.

I told it all to Cana and smiled hearing it, happy to learn about our grandparents too. I told her next time we should go to him together and help Mr. Yajima out and to learn more. Right now, the guild was surrounding a ranking of each of the dark guilds.

They were talking about how they were more active recently and I was kinda half listening as I felt the master approaching with urgent news. I think right now they were talking about the Oracion Seis? "Speaking of the Oracion Seis... word has come down. We must destroy them." He told us, surprising all of us by this. What did he mean?

As I said, I was only half listening, my mind occupied by the things I learned about my grandparents. I wondered what happened to them, how they would be now, how they would react if they heard about mom and all of the stuff, wishing I could get an answer to some of these questions.

I only paid attention when I was called out. "Erza, (Y/n), Gray, Natsu, Lucy and Happy will go. As our strongest team, they will be our best bet against the Oracion Seis." Master Makarov told us, making me sigh and stand up, cracking my knuckles.

Everyone else looked at me with confusion. "What are you waiting for, an invite? Let's get going." I told the others who were called with me as I left the guild hall. I heard a few sets of footsteps following me so I turned around to see the 5 others coming with me with the added addition of Mira and Cana who looked concerned.