Chapter 13 Dead or Alive

After we push the doors open, Erza immediately goes into the, seeming like she knows it well. Then a sudden wave of nausea hits me from all the dark energy in the room. 'What the hell happened in here? Why is the energy so sickening?' I thought to myself as I followed behind my best friend, cards in my hand, ready to attack at any given moment.

There was this huge crystal in the middle of the room. I couldn't tell if it was a lacrima or not but I had a feeling it was important. "Don't tell me the game is over already." A deep and sinister voice said as we got closer to it. My eyes widened when I saw a member of the magic council himself, Seigrain, who is also part of The 10 Wizard Saints.

Erza looked annoyed and pissed with him. "You find that much pleasure in toying with the lives of others?" She asked him, making me realize something important. Either this is Jellal and Seigrain is another person that looks exactly like him, probably his identical twin or, Jellal and Seigrain are one in the same which makes sense since I've never seen Seigrain fully in the flesh the few times we met.

"Between the moment of our birth and the time of our death, there is only that of emotions we call life. What could be more dreary than simply existing day after day?" He said in an ominous way, smirking with pride. "It's been a long time, hasn't it Erza?" He asked her with a malicious look in his eyes. I can't keep my guard down, especially if he is Seigrain. If he is, we might be fucked.

"It certainly has." She responded back, glaring daggers at her. "Sho and the others are no longer under your influence." She told him as I noticed how tense she was. She's gonna need to take a day off if we get out of this alive. I'll make sure she gets all the relaxation she needs... I'll also finally get Mira and her together. That's a promise I'm make to myself.

I looked over at Jellal, literally trying to get into his head for any information but I can't get through yet. "That's fine with me Erza. Now that The Tower of Heaven has been completed, I have no use for them." He said then looked me directly into the eyes, his eyes showing calmness but also anger. "Don't waist your efforts trying to get into my mind (Y/N). You're not the only one here who can use Telepathy." He told me with a cold gaze, as if he was trying to intimidate me.

I glared at him, his indifferent tone pissing me off. "You don't seem too concerned that your oh so precious tower will be destroyed soon. I want to know why." I told him as I tried to stay calm and obviously failing. I want to beat this bitch up, go back home with my future boyfriend and my friends then get my best friends to finally realize they both like each other and my OTP can finally start sailing into the sunset... but none of that is gonna happen if Etherion destroys us.

He smirked at me before he shrugged. "You mean the Etherion?" He asked me before darkly chuckling as if it was funny that we might all die.

"You act so carefree that I don't help but think that you have something else planned. I'd be running around in fear like my head was chopped off if I knew I was gonna die a very painful death." I told him with a smirk of my own. He's indifferent that I can't help but think there's something I'm missing. Maybe I'm thinking too much into his reactions.

He laughed again, a grin on his face. "The Etherion will rain down on us and you 2 will have front row seats to each other's deaths." He said with a demented look on his face. Not only is this room sickening, but so is the man who we were talking to. He had dark aura around him. Darker than the one Jose had around him when we fought.

This situation is getting worse by the minute. "I'm happy to hear that. That means I just have to occupied for the next 10 minutes then this will all be over." I told him before throwing a card at him, creating a lot of light swords. He easily dodged them then chuckled at me.