Chapter 19 Petals in the wind

As we were running, Carla, Happy, Wendy and I stopped when we saw the bomber ship Christina get shot down and crash into the somewhere else in the forest. Not only was I confused, but I was also worried. Who was flying it? Are they ok? Is it someone on our side in it? Was there even anyone in it?

I sign and going on guard as we caught up to the others. Right as we got there, 6 people literally emerged from the shadows, looking a bit intimidating. It was the Oracion Seis. "Lowly maggots swarming together." The one, who seemed like their leader, said in demeaning tone, talking about as if we were pests.

"I'm afraid short-stuff isn't gonna make it to the party." A woman with light blue, almost white, hair said confidently. Was she implying she already took out Ichiya? We just saw him!

There were 2 blue creatures floating beside her. "Neither is that big, bald Wizard Saint." One of them said and my eyes widened. They took out Jura already too?! Those are 2 of our best! I'd recon that me and Erza are the strongest ones standing.

They all did little one liners except for the guy who was snoring, Midnight. "I have to admit, I didn't expect you to show yourselves." Erza told them but I somewhat expected it. They're very strong wizards, think they're untouchable. Well, they're wrong.

Everyone gets into stance except for Wendy who is hiding behind a rock. "Ready?" Natsu asked as us as he wracked his knuckles.

Gray was ready for action. "You bet." He replied then him and Natsu attacked after getting taunted by the guy with the snake, Cobra. Racer kicks both Gray and Natsu in the back in mid air as he looked like he was teleporting.

Everyone else started to join the fight but I was hesitant. Wendy looked frightened but I couldn't let the others stand by and take hits like this. By the time I had thought of a plan, most of our side was already taken out.

I pull out a card but feel someone come up behind me. I teleport behind him and activate the card, throwing it at him. The card turned into light swords and hit racer, effectively getting him to the ground.

I felt like my mind was being invaded as Cobra got close to me. "You're reading my thoughts? I don't appreciate that." I said as I closed off my mind, not letting anyone else inside it. Cobra seemed to be surprised by that so I threw the lightning card at him, electrocuting him.

Angel seemed to try something but it didn't work. The blue creatures looked confused. Now I had all 4 of them trying to fight me, Racer trying to use his speed, Cobra trying to read my mind, Angel trying to copy me with her blue things (and failings) and Hoteye trying to drown me in quicksand. I knew I couldn't take them on all alone so I devised a plan.

Suddenly, the one who seemed like started to cast a spell. My eyes widened in fear as it was happening. I fell to my knees, not able to move as I felt like my energy was being drained. Then... it stopped.

The guy was looking at something behind me when I saw Wendy who was cowering in fear. "Wendy." Was what he said, seemingly shocked to see her. I tried to stand back up but I was kicked in the back which made me fall to the ground. The Oracion Seis all seemed confused on why the man stopped, asking if the guy knew Wendy. "No doubt about it. That's Wendy. The Maiden of the Sky." He told his colleagues, making the people on our side confused.

Wendy also looked confused and terrified. "What does that mean?" She asked as she coward behind a rock. I don't blame her though. She's a kid and these are powerfully and dangerous wizards here. I'm still worried about her though.

The guy who was the leader, Brain, used his staff to summon a thing of green magic energy that grabbed Wendy. Both Happy and I grabbed on of her hands. I tried to pull her back. "Let... her... go." I said in a strained voice as I tried to pull her away from his magical grasp. Unfortunately, the spell he casted drained me and both Happy and I got sucked in with her, afraid for the lives of Wendy, Happy, our other allies and I at the same time.