Chapter 16 Shocking events

A few minutes later
I get back to the guild and see Mira, Cana, Lucy, Juvia and Ivy run out. I look at all of them with shock then I sigh. "I'm gonna drop Gray off in the guild hall then I'll meet back up with you. There's only Fried and Laxus left of the Thunder Legion." I inform them as I rush inside to put Gray down. Ivy and Lucy left while Mira, Cana and Juvia stayed with me as I returned Gray to the guild hall.

I turned around and got pulled away by Cana. "You're coming with me. You can't do all the fighting by yourself." She told me and I just shrugged, letting her drag me around in the city.

A few more minutes later
Juvia, Cana and I have been looking around the city for Laxus and still couldn't find him. Mira was looking for Elfman to see if he was ok which makes sense because I know how protective we are over our younger siblings.

Cana and I were both getting annoyed because we couldn't find him and I couldn't sense him anywhere. "Damn it! I don't know where else to look!" She yelled in frustration as we kept looking around.

"Is there a place in town where he has some sort of sentimental attachment?" Juvia asked us and Cana looked at me for an answer. I tried to think of anything significant but I couldn't think of anywhere. I sigh and shake my head. So, we continue our search.

Another time skip
We're running as end up a few minutes away from a bridge. Cana asked how long we have left before the Thunder Palace strikes and Juvia told us we have around 30 minutes left.

As we're running, I get stuck in another enchantment. "What the fuck?! Again?!" I shouted as I hit the enchantment then read what it says. "Any S-Class mage must stay in here until another S-Class mage enters and they have to fight. The winner stays in the game." I read out loud and growled in annoyance. I just leaned against the enchantment and crossed my arms.

Cana and Juvia looked at me with worry. "You're just gonna stay in there?" Cana asked me and I shrugged, kicking a rock. There wasn't much else I could do.

Fried appeared through his runes on top of a house and chuckled. "He doesn't have much of a choice. The only way he can get out of there is if Erza, Mystogan, Laxus or Mirajane walks in there with him and he wins. Those are the only other 4 people here with the rank of S-Class." He told them and I nodded. But he looked at me with confusion. "But, I would like to know how you got out last time. You and Cana are supposed to still be locked in there." He said with a look of suspicion as he looked at me.

I smirked at him. "Wouldn't you like to know?" I asked him with a smug look. I knew I could get out. I just need to take him by surprise first. "You 2. Go without me. I'm be fine." I told Cana and Juvia who hesitated to nod as Fried disappeared.

I sighed as I leaned against the barrier, waiting for Mirajane and Elfman to come my way. I could sense them near by. Not long after, I heard their voices. "Oh, come on, Mira. I'm still a man. I can walk on my own, you know." Elfman told his older sister as they walked this way. My smirk grew as I heard them.

"It's ok. If my baby brother needs a hand, I don't mind helping at all." She told her younger brother as they got closer. Then, they finally noticed me. "(Y/N)!" She yelled, running up to me with Elfman.

I chuckled and looked at her. "Right on time. Want to help me break Fried's dumbass system?" I asked her with a cocky look on my face. She looked at me with confusion then nodded. "Just walk in and let me do the rest." I told her, being vague with my explanation.

Her and Elfman walked in and Mira was now also trapped by the enchantment. I jumped up and hit the writing, making it dissolve again. Suddenly, the enchantment fell. I couldn't let them get a word in before I grabbed them and teleported to where Cana, Juvia and Fried were.