5. The club

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
LANDO
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

It was currently 11am and the girls were all currently out on a run whilst Pierre, Alex, George and I decided we'd get some reaction time practice in. "So, care to share with us what's going on with you and Maria?" George asked me as we took a break.

I furrowed my brows at him a little confused, "oh, don't act stupid Norris! We all see the way you look at her not to mention Pierre mentioned your little trick in the car on the way here," Alex added as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"What trick? I just drove for a bit because she was tired."

Pierre shook his head at me, "you had your hand practically on her thigh the entire time you were driving mate."

Of course they would take that as me making some sort of move, "that meant nothing, I was just trying to be nice."

"Okay, what about you hopping up yesterday at her mentioning she was cold and giving her your jumper? We all know that specific jumper isn't any one of your old jumpers," Alex said as they were now all stood looking at me.

Alex was right, it wasn't any old one of my jumpers. It was my favourite, I got a bunch of the drivers to sign it when I first joined F1 in my rookie season and first released my merch.

"Oh, we're forgetting she also now has the favourite bucket hat," George added as they laughed quietly to themselves.

"It means nothing, you all know we've always been quite close and it's nothing more than that. Sorry I didn't want her to be cold or driving when she needed some sleep," I think a part of me deep down knew something had shifted slightly between us but I didn't want to admit that. What if I had read it all wrong?

All three of them looked at me skeptically before just moving on realising I wasn't in the mood to talk about this topic of conversation at the moment, or really ever for that matter. I've always been really close to Maria, she became one of my bestest friends in such a short amount of time and that meant so much to me.

Usually, if I used to have a shit day and I wasn't able to get a hold of Max I'd leave it and not rant out my problems to anyone. But when Max doesn't pick up, despite Maria having a busier life than him will always be the next person I call. Sometimes I even call her before Max.

She's always prepared to listen to me rant on for others about the most random topics even when I can tell she's not interested she still listens. I never feel insecure around her or anything, she's always finding different ways to make me smile and I love it.

I know she's the exact same with the other guys and we're all severely grateful for having bumped into her that one time back in 2019 at the start of the season. I think we all sort of get our chaotic lives when we're together, we forget that we have lives most of the time that have no privacy.

We've ended all over social media a few times when we've happened to be caught off guard and every time we simply don't care. It's just a group of friends hanging out with each other, why should it matter that we're all 'famous'?

"Ugh I need some chocolate," Pierre groaned which caused me to perk my head up.

"Chocolate?" I beamed as I began to get all giddy, I haven't had chocolate in weeks. I want chocolate now.