13. Baku

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
MARIA
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

I had a busy week ahead of me and I felt ridiculously unprepared. All of us had just landed in Baku and I had a ridiculously large suitcase with me as only a few hours after the race would have ended on Sunday, Daniel and I are flying straight to New York for the next day.

This is also meant that unfortunately I would be unable to celebrate with all the boys after the race which made me a little sad and I knew it upset them a little but they understood fully I had my own career outside of F1. I just hope this years Met Gala is fun, not that it usually isn't, it's always a load of fun but sometimes there was a lot of pressure on having our outfits looked good and for some reason it really bothered me.

The good news was is that Rach is in Baku with me as well also in the Alpine garage which is where I will be most of the week. "The hotel better have food," I heard Pierre grown from beside me.

I was currently squished between Pierre and Lando. We all flew over to Baku together and none of us have rented a car or anything so we just got a big taxi which somehow fitted all of us. It was an 8 seater so fitted all of us in perfectly.

I was sat in the very back row of seats squished between Lando and Pierre. In front of me was Rach, Cam and George and opposite them sat backwards were Lily and Alex.

"It's a hotel, of course it will have food," I gave the Frenchman a questioning look as if he was stupid.

"Alright, no need to be rude," he groaned as he shifted in his seat a little making me even more uncomfortable than I already was.

I spotted Alex looking at us and laughing, "you laugh one more time Albon and I'll put you in my seat right now because it is not comfortable! I have Pierre's knee digging into my thigh, his elbow digging into my stomach and Lando is sleeping on my shoulder and drooling!" I snapped.

I didn't mind Lando sleeping on my shoulder at all, or really the drooling too much as I could just wash my jumper. I think it just didn't help that Pierre digging into me in every place possible at this point but I knew it wasn't his fault.

Thankfully, we had just pulled up to the hotel and all climbed out as quickly as possible apart from Lando and I who wouldn't wake up. "Lan!" I said as I shook his body lightly. "Come on, we're at the hotel."

He let out an annoyed groan before lifting his body up and clambering out of the taxi as I quickly followed. "I just want to go sleep," the McLaren driver spoke rubbing his eyes and then throwing his arm over my shoulder and almost using me as a leaning post.

I had no idea how I was still standing up straight with Lando's entire body weight resting against me. "We need to get our suitcases," I mumbled into his ear as thankfully George had grabbed both our suitcases out the boot for us. "Thanks Georgie."

Lando was clearly too dead to the world to hold his own so I dragged both of our suitcases through the hotel lobby with him still using me as support to stand up straight. "And it was all too much for little Lando Norris," Cam joked as she turned her head to see the sight of me struggling.

In this moment I was glad I also didn't have Kai to deal with as he was back in England with my parents and Mateo who happily offered to look after him till I got back Tuesday evening.

"Pierre do you mind grabbing Lando and I's room keys please?" He quickly nodded his head as he grabbed them for me and I took the two keys in my hand.