22. The Jaqueline

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
LANDO
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

I am breathless. I cannot breathe.

Literally.

Maria has always left me breathless but right now I think I may be at severe risk of having a heart attack from how perfect she looked. I know I've always described her as perfect and I've told her but in this moment she truly was... perfect.

I couldn't find any other word to describe how amazing she looked, I couldn't find myself to even compliment her as we walked out of the house. I was too much in awe to even say a word to anyone.

That was until Rach nudged my side a little, "snap out of it will you and give her a nice compliment."

I gulped before slowing myself down a little to walk beside Maria as everyone got else got into the two cars we were taking. "May I have a moment of your precious time?"

"I'll give you all my time if you asked Lando," she responded as she skipped down the driveway.

"Well, I'd just like to say you look absolutely breathtaking tonight, I'm in complete and utter awe Ria," I told her as I grabbed a hold of her hands and gave them a light squeeze.

She giggled, and not her usual giggle that she tries to hide and cover up. But the giggle when you know she's truly happy in that moment, one she doesn't even think to hide.

"Come on let's get our fat asses in my car," I followed her as she hopped into the drivers seat of her car.

Rach and Pierre already sitting in the back chatting away about a random cat meme I think Pierre found on Twitter. He showed me it earlier and was dying of laughter at the time, I may have joined him.

It didn't take long at all to get to the restaurant but maybe that's because Maria had decided she wished to speed a little. I reckon I had to tell her to slow down at least five times and her response was always the same, "don't act like you don't go 300kph on a weekly basis Norris."

She did have a point so I eventually gave up on telling her to slow down and embraced the speeding. Rach and Pierre were too engrossed in their own little world to notice the fact that their friend was going around tight bends at an ungodly speed.

We had just sat down at our table that comfortably fit the 11 of us on when Maria made a comment about the atmosphere of a restaurant. "I feel like I'm about to have sex with a restaurant."

Everyone snapped their heads round to look at the woman like she was crazy, apart from myself who let out a small laugh. "What? It's got a sexy atmosphere to it!" She quickly defended herself.

"Ay Maria ¿que voy a hacer contigo?" I heard Fernando mutter as he shook his head at his niece who just shrugged her shoulders in response.

I didn't understand what the Spaniard had said but I could give a small guess, most likely about her concerning behaviour though I wasn't too sure. I'd have to ask her later.

In fact, I just need to book more Spanish lessons with Carlos. Recently, he's took it upon himself to teach me Spanish so we can have secret little conversations but I also had another reason; I wanted to impress Maria.

"So, how's retirement treating you two?" George asked looking towards Sebastian and Kimi who were sat opposite myself and Maria.