25. Forgiveness

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
MARIA
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Maria... please," Rach has been begging for me to open the bedroom door for possibly hours now. Today was race day in Austria and I have barely been out the small bedroom since the whole theatrics on my birthday.

The only time I left was to grab a glass of water and when I did I made damn sure Lando wasn't in the house. The girls have practically had to spoon feed me and that's what Rach was trying to get me to do at the moment.

I've had about 100 texts from Lando, 20 phone calls and about 10 voicemails, not that I've actually picked up my phone though. It's stayed on the bedside table since my birthday.

"Maria Luna Alonso i am not letting you miss the race!" I could hear her smacking her head on the door.

I wanted to go to the race, I just was also scared I'd see the boy I've fallen ridiculously hard for and the boy who has made my heart ache so much the past few days. I never thought I was the jealous type until now.

I know eventually I need to talk to him and how my reaction to everything was possibly an over reaction to say the least but what can I say? I'm a girl head over heels.

"Maria I'm breaking the door down in a minute!" I then heard Carmens voice shout from the other side of the door.

I sighed before dragging myself out of bed and opening the door for the three girls looking at me sympathetically. "Let's get to work ladies," Lily winked before they pushed me through the room and to the bathroom with Kai following close behind.

He has barely left my side apart from when George and Alex have taken him out for a walk and fed him etc. The boys spent most of Friday evening in my room with me trying to cheer me up. Pierre said I was being a baby, which though was hurtful I have to admit was sort of true.

George and Alex apparently slapped Lando round the face and even offered to cause a crash during qualifying which was slightly terrifying. I never knew the pair could be so violent, of course I said they couldn't though. As much as my heart hurt I wasn't going to let them hurt Lando in such a way.

"You, little miss are going to this race looking like a goddess-"

Lily cut off Carmen quickly, "even more of a goddess than you already are!"

"Of course, and you're going to make Lando regret his stupid actions," Carmen finished with a comforting smile on her face.

"Maybe speak to him as well my love, tell him how you feel... he regrets it Maria and he's had a shit race weekend so far and I'm pretty sure it's because of how guilty and shit he feels," I glared at my best friend.

"Rach I don't even know if I'm ready."

"Well be ready! Do it before the race, I know you'll regret it if you don't," I hate to admit it but Rach was true. I did need to speak him and before the race.

Then the three girls started grabbing outfits and doing my makeup and hair for me, "any team merch or no?" Carmen asked holding up a few of the team's shirts.

I quickly shook my head.

"You're gonna hate me so much after I say this," Lily muttered as we all spun our heads to look at the girl.