26. First date

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
LANDO
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Mate, breathe will you," I heard Alex say as he patted my back.

I don't think I've ever been this nervous about something before, not even a race.

"I am breathing... look!" I said pointing to my chest which was going up and down quicker than ever before.

I was about to take Maria on a date, I had everything planned and I just hoped i wouldn't screw anything up. I wanted it to be perfect, just like her.

"Okay, then slow down the breathing, she's going to love all of it," George then said as he chucked a shirt at me.

The boys were currently trying to help me decide on an outfit, "no, don't wear that. That is a George shirt, you need more of a Pierre shirt," the Frenchman said to me taking the shirt out of my hands that George had just threw at me and replacing it with a different one.

"What's the difference?" I asked looking at the two shirts that in my opinion looked identical to one another.

"Because If rizz was a person, it would definitely be me," At this we all burst into laughter. "What? It's true though!"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Gasly," Alex muttered.

"I mean you still haven't made a move on Rach, I'm taking Maria on a date."

Pierre glared at me, "I've taken Rach on a date, I just want to take things slow. I only met her 6 months ago and I want to know more about her before anything happens. However, I won't be waiting 4 years like you because though I'm going slow, I'm not going that slow."

I rolled my eyes at Pierre as I put on the shirt and buttoned it up before looking at myself in the mirror, "Lando you look dashing!" George patted my shoulder.

"Now, come on, she's waiting for you downstairs!" Alex cheered whilst shaking my head a little aggressively.

I made sure I had everything before heading downstairs with all of the boys following me close behind. Just before we reached the bottom they all patted me on the back, "stay confident, it'll go perfectly," Pierre whispered.

I then turned the corner to see Maria waiting at the door in a breathtakingly gorgeous dark blue dress that hugged her figure perfectly. I took a big gulp and walked over to where she is, "you look... well, you look amazing."

"You don't look too bad yourself, Lan," she winked before turning to the girls who were in the hallway.

"Don't worry, Alex and I will take Kai out for a walk in a bit and we've already got his food prepared," Lily smiled before I opened the door.

"Have a good night you two," Rach shouted as we stepped out the door.

A good night I hope it is, if not I think I'll never show my face again. I wanted and needed everything to go swimmingly perfect.

"So, where exactly are we going?" Maria asked turning to look at me as I unlocked the rental car.

"You'll just have to wait and find out," I winked before hopping into the drivers seat.