24. Maria's birthday

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
MARIA
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Rach thinks this is the dress, what do you think?" I asked my Uncle showing him the teal satin dress that I have to admit was absolutely breathtaking.

Tomorrow's my 24th birthday and I was spending it in Austria which I surprisingly didn't mind at all. I expected to hate the idea of not getting to spend my birthday at home, but then again I don't think I've spent a birthday at home since I was 19 maybe.

Before I came to Austria I went to Barcelona to spend an early birthday with my family, not that I had a choice though. Both my mum and abuela were prepared to drag me by my ears if I didn't go willingly.

"What I think is that Rach is right, as usual," Fernando answered as I let out a small giggle at his response.

I was deciding my birthday dress and I had two options, not that the second option had even been taken out of its bag yet. Poor thing hasn't had the opportunity to steal the spotlight, though I don't think it would have anyways compared to this teal dress.

"Rach no está en la habitación tío, no tienes que ponerte de su lado porque tienes miedo del abuso que recibirás si no lo haces," though I don't think he was just siding with her opinion because he was afraid of my dearest best friend, but because it was actually an absolutely stunning dress. (Rachel's not in the room uncle, you don't have to take her side because you're afraid of the abuse you'll get if you don't.)

Fernando just shook his head laughing in response, "teal dress it is then," I muttered packing it back up as neatly as I possibly could.

"Would you like one of your presents a little early?" I looked at Fernando confused, usually he'd never get me more than one present as that was an agreement my parents made with him when I was still a baby because for my first birthday he got me about 12 presents.

"I have more than one? Does Papá know?" I giggled.

"Mi hermano has no say anymore, you're turning 24 tomorrow," he waved his hand as if it was nothing even though I know full well if my papá was here he would not be admitting he got me more than one present. "Now, do you want an early present or no?"

"I think I can wait another 15 hours pero gracias."

I then got up and headed towards the door of my Uncle's hotel room door, for some reason he was staying in a completely different hotel to everyone else. Oh, and on the opposite side of town. He really took peace and quiet to a whole new level.

"I'll be at yours 8am sharp," he shouted before I left the room and headed straight out of the hotel.

Rach, Lily and Carmen's birthday present to me was not having to stay in an uncomfortable hotel bed all week so like we did in Barcelona; we all had rented a house and the boys were basically crashing there with us at this point.

Originally, all 4 boys were staying in a hotel and still technically are but have spent more time in our little rented home than they have anywhere else in Austria.

Last night everyone tried to be sneaky and pair Lando and I up in a bed but we knew immediately what they were doing and just accepted our fate. He's been a lot more touchy since the boys chat with him and he was already rather touchy but now it's bold touching and I loved it.