18. Cannes

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
MARIA
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Cannes you better be ready for the best duo in all of history!" Lando beamed as we stepped out of the airport and headed towards the car rental company.

I was surprised to see that despite such short notice I was able to get a 2019 Audi A1 for a rental car which was perfect for the few days we were here. Usually, with such short notice and renting a car you're left with a 20 year old little Clio, or sometimes even nothing.

Not that I don't like Clio's, I actually think they're actually quite nice cars but definitely not the type of car Lando would be happy with. We got the keys to the car and had signed the paperwork so we can have the car for the next 2 days we set off.

Boyd had texted me just before we got on our flight that he's managed to get us a room at the same hotel as him and that he'd love to go out for dinner tonight with Lando and I. Of course, I immediately accepted and so did Lando.

"I'm driving!" Lando shouted snatching the keys out of my hands and sprinting towards the car.

"Why can't I drive?" I asked standing by the passenger door.

"Because driving is my job... duh," he said as if I was just the most clueless person on earth as I rolled my eyes at him and got into the car. I'll leave him to put our suitcases in the boot.

After two minutes of Lando struggling to put the suitcases in the boot he hopped into the drivers seat, "right, where am I going?" He asked as I pointed at the sat nav already giving him directions.

"Whilst you were faffing around I got it up for you," I smiled as he then ruffled my hair a little, "asshole," I then muttered.

"Heard that," he said smiling at me before we headed off and could finally get away from the airport.

It took us 45 minutes to get to the hotel and in that time I was able to get a good 20 minute nap in before Lando woke me up to tell me we were here. Then the next 20 minutes was spent with us checking into the hotel and going up to the room.

There was only one bed but we didn't really care as we'd shared a bed multiple times before now and these next two nights would be no different. "When's our dinner with Boyd?"

I looked at the clock in the room before turning back to the McLaren driver, "we've got to meet him at the restaurant for 6, so basically we've got about an hour to get ready."

And the next hour we did spend getting ready, well I did. Lando took 30 minutes and he only took that long because he couldn't decide what to wear and I had to help him.

Eventually, I'd managed to convince him to where this really nice light blue shirt with his initials embroidered to the left of his chest. He however refused to wear anything but a pair of baggy jeans for trousers and I didn't have the effort to argue with him.

I had decided on wearing a small brown skirt with a beige knitted jumper, I was going to wear something a little smarter but in the end I realised I was too tired to care. "I will be driving again!"

"Lan, you've got to let me drive at least once while we're here!" I responded as I hopped into the passenger seat.

Lando placed his hand on my thigh and just shook his head, "ain't no way, I like you being my passenger princess," he smirked before flicking his sunglasses that rested on his head down to sit on his face.