10. Rooftop lounge

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
MARIA
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Today was the first day on set for everyone for this new film and I was more than excited. We were currently in New York where I know a lot of the film is going to be filmed and so I immediately loved the fact that I had brought that apartment here a few months ago and had furnished it fully.

I was currently sat in the makeup chair as they touched up my face to give it a natural look. It was an action film which is always my favourite to film. Kai was sat by my feet sleeping peacefully as I talked to Margot on the chair beside me.

"You have to take me to a race one day, they always look like great fun from what I've seen," she was right they always are, I have to admit some of my favourite memories have been at F1 races.

"They really are, I'll always be grateful that I've had the opportunity to go to so many," I said as I got up out of the makeup chair and headed onto the set with Margot close behind along with Kai who lazily walked next to me.

I was lucky enough to be allowed to have Kai on set with me and I knew he'd be no problem as he's a quiet dog who will happily keep to himself. He seemed to be enjoying travelling a lot as well which I was glad for as I was terrified he'd hate it.

"We should go out tonight, you, myself and Chris. Just have a fun time," I smiled at the older actress as I nodded my head. "Sounds like a great idea."

"C'mon let's go tell Chris."

There weren't many scenes we were filming today, we'd decided on doing the easy going ones for the first day so I had plenty of energy by the end of the day to go out and have some fun. Though Margot 10 years older than myself and Chris the same age as my Uncle they were people easy to be friends with.

Chris too had his dog on set so Kai wasn't totally alone and it was cute to see the two dogs play together. "Alright and that's it for today folks!" The director Martin Scorsese announced hopping out of his chair.

I'd almost admired him and his work so it was an honour being in one of his films, Goodfellas was one of my favourite films for a few years and so when I had the opportunity to audition for this role I couldn't have been more excited. "Good work you three, tomorrow we start at midday," he told the three of us actors before walking away and leaving us to it.

It was 7:30pm at the moment and my apartment was about 20 minutes away via taxi and I know both Margot and Chris also had a place in the city. "We meet at the old Rooftop Lounge at 9?" Chris asked as Margot and I nodded our heads.

"Sounds like a plan."

With that we all jumped into a taxi and headed back to our apartments. The old rooftop lounge was a celebrity spot just on the outskirts of Manhattan, I've been there once before and it's absolutely gorgeous. There's fairy lights hung over your heads and LED light strips in about every nook and cranny that can be seen.

When I made it back to my apartment I got a call from Rach which I quickly answered as I grabbed out a dark red short dress that hugged my waist in just the right places. "Rach why aren't you asleep, isn't it like 1am?" I asked her as I chucked my phone onto my bed.

"Yeah but I can't sleep," I furrowed my brows at this, usually Rach is able to be fast asleep in seconds unless somethings bothering her.