˚SIDESTORY - An old episode˚

Recommended media:

- The Cartoon cat theme song

- "Floral Fury", a song part of the Cuphead game soundtrack, for the chase scene

Static buzzed as the old VHS tape was inserted into the TV. The dusty TV, probably not being started for decades, booted up. It lit up the room in greyscale, a little animation of a cat with a pen played before the episode started.

The theme song started playing, and the speakers sounded muted and damaged.

"We're on our way to Grampy's!"

"Always such good companyyy~"

"It's the only place to be! Where?!"

"Over at Grampy's house~!"

"Laadeedee, laadeedee it's never too late~"

"Laadeedee, laadeedee, he will always wait!"

"And when everybody's resting,"

"He's always full of pep! Whee!"

"Everybody's gonna be, where?"

"Over at Grampy's house~!"

The static screen slowly faded into a title, a gentle jazz melody playing at the cue.

Episode 12,
Little Miss Dorothy

The screen showed a rounded black cat with big eyes and white gloves. He was whistling happily and moving around the screen, and suddenly he stopped at a beautiful flower. His eyes widened in admiration and he plucked it, a thought bubble of a vase forming just above his head.

He got moving through a town, seemingly looking for something. Darkened figures of various animals walked around, the cat was notably smaller than most of them. 

In his search, he jumped as he saw a vase for sale. It stood in a store window, seemingly waiting for him...

The cat placed his gloved hands on the glass, his eyes sparkling like stars, but as his eyes drifted down he saw the price tag. So much money! 

His ears folded down in disappointment and his arms stretched out. He dragged them on the ground as he walked, defeated, with the flower still in hand.

Now, the camera was on an old-looking car. It beeped and swung into a corner, someone who looked like a butler soon stepped out and opened the door for a little cat lady. 

She had white fur and a fluffy tail, she wore pearls around her neck and a pretty dress. Her shoes clacked as she walked, she was about as big as the previous black cat, maybe a bit smaller.