。˚Chapter 27 - Atonement˚。

It was the next day. You had spent the last 2 hours sitting on the couch, just thinking about yesterday.

On the coffee table in front of you was a cup of tea, Viola had made it for you. She sat beside you, drank her tea, and scrolled on her phone. She was looking at Instagram, seemingly at a cat meme. You narrowed your eyes at the screen, the world really was an ass.

Viola shifted her head to you, she gave a sad expression and spoke up.

"You don't want it?" She asked, she tilted her head and gave a glance at the tea.

You sighed.

"I'm sorry Viola, I'm just not in the best mood." You felt a lump in your throat, you wrapped your arms around yourself in a hug. Viola bit her lip and frowned.

"I-i'm sorry about Cat..." She whispered, your eyes shifted around the room. To your TV and carpet, to your walls, to the clock on the wall stating "05:10". You closed your eyes.

It hurt to think about. Had Cat really meant that? Were you just a human to him? Had he been playing with you all this time, or was he hurt by you wanting him to leave?

That was also something that plagued your mind, you had told him to leave. You said it on impulse, you were really mad at him at that moment. Still, you hadn't fully forgiven him, as he had been overly protective over you, like you were his property or some shit. But it was so hard not to miss him. You so badly wanted him to come back, for you two to just apologize and hug. How could this have gone so far? What if you never saw Cat again? You felt yourself curl up a bit, you gazed at the ground. You wanted to see him again.

You heard Viola give a loud sigh, and you quickly turned your head to her.

"All this is my fault... I shouldn't have stayed here" She put down her tea and phone on the coffee table, she gave you an apologetic look. You widened your eyes.

"Nonono! None of this is your fault, Cat and I were bound to argue sometime... You just happened to be here at the wrong time" You explained, Viola shook her head.

"You two wouldn't have anything to argue about if I wasn't here" She gazed at you with heavy-hearted eyes. You returned the expression.

You bit one of your nails and stared at the ground, having nothing to say. Viola looked away from you.

"This is the last day I'll be here, it's Friday" Her voice was shaky and sounded on the verge of crying, you looked up at her.

"You can stay here longer, i..." You stopped in your sentence, it hurt so much to say this part. "I live here alone now anyway..." You said faintly, you felt tears well up in your eyes. You looked away from Viola, you didn't want her to see you tearing up.

Viola looked devastated, she grabbed her head.

It was quiet for a while before Viola gave a shaky sigh and looked at you. You met her eyes.

"Y/N. I have to tell you something." She said faintly, you raised an eyebrow.

"W-what?" You stammered, you broke the eye contact.

"I..." She blushed, looking at her lap.

"I love you!" She shouted, you felt chills down your spine.

You quickly turned your head to her, staring. She gazed at her lap. Her eyes looked shiny and she hugged herself.

"But..." She began, she gave a weak smile. She looked up at you. "Cat does too" She got tears in her eyes, she smiled at you.

You blushed, you stared at her.

"So... You like him too..." She looked down. "That's nice..." She whispered.