FIVE

-Kirishima's POV-

"What do you mean they took her captive?" I pushed my way through the sea of students towards Sensei Aizawa. He just stared at me like I was incompetent.

"It means they took her captive." His words angered me, but I couldn't swear in front of him. It wouldn't be manly. He sighed. "They're holding her hostage in an abandoned lunatic asylum about five minutes from UA." Oh. 

"Why would they tell us where she is? Don't they know that we'll come after her?" I asked.

"Don't you get it, shitty hair?" Bakugo's voice rang out behind me. "They're using her as bait. They know we'll come after her."

       A sick feeling pooled in my stomach. I couldn't stand the thought of losing her. Not only was Y/N my best friend, but I loved her. As more than a friend. I would've taken her place in an instant. I suddenly clapped my hands together loudly. Everyone stopped talking and looked at me. 

"Look, I don't know about you, but we have to rescue Y/N at all costs. She is an amazing person and doesn't deserve to be hurt like this. Y/N is my best friend, and if nobody is going to help me, then I'm going to rescue her myself!" Curious stares met my determined gaze, and a moment later, a hand squeezed my shoulder.

"Count me in." I turned to see Deku smiling encouragingly. When I turned back, nobody else had made a move to help. 

"Me too." Momo Yao and Mina said at the same time and then giggled.

"Same." Bakugo's deep voice drawled out.

       Soon, tons of people were volunteering to help. When we'd assembled enough forces, we crept toward the old lunatic asylum. I was shocked when I saw it. It used to have an orange roof and green walls, both of which were faded. The area around it was dead and littered with trash. The double doors were left wide open, as if the villains were expecting us. 

"Stay in groups." Aizawa strictly warned us. "Never, ever, go off on your own." He gave Bakugo a pointed look, who in turned rolled his eyes and reluctantly agreed. I stayed with Bakugo, Todoroki, and Deku as we made our way through the building. 

"Everything about this place gives me the creeps, " Deku said as he shuddered.

       I could only nod in agreement. We passed rooms that looked like they had been used to hold torture victims, with chains and weapons and bloody walls. We even passed by a room that looked like it could've once been a toddler's play area. Toys littered the floor, and an old porcelain doll seemed to stare at us from a rocking chair in the corner. 

"If we don't get out of here, I'm going to blast that creepy ass doll, "Bakugo muttered, and we all headed out. The silence that hung around us was eerie, and it felt like we were being watched. 

"Well, if it isn't a few hero wannabes, huh?" A deep voice called out behind us and I whirled around to see Dabi. His hands were bloodstained and his face had a sinister smile on it. The jerk. Immediately, I knew he knew where Y/N was. And that he'd hurt her.

"Where is she?" I said calmly, barely reigning in my anger. The fact that he hurt her meant he was going to suffer, but now that he was smiling, I wouldn't have minded punching it off his face.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll find out. Eventually. Y/N isn't dead, if that's what you're getting at. She's just... temporarily out of commission." His words had me lunging at him but Bakugo held me back.

"Oi! Unless you want to die, you better tell us where the hell she is, alright dumbass?" He spat the words at the villain, who looked absolutely unfazed. 

"Alright, chill explosion boy. I'll tell you what - you defeat me, and I'll tell you where my little devil is."

A growl exploded in my throat. "You don't get to call her that."