SEVEN

I finally got better about a week later. Sitting in a bed for so long had me literally running out of the recovery room as soon as Recovery Girl said I could leave. When I walked into Classroom 1A, I felt like a celebrity. Everyone was hugging me and smiling and asking me how I was doing. It was so sweet. Amidst the sea of faces, I found Ejirou's. He was looking at me with a soft smile. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Bakugo.

"Hey, could I talk to you outside for a second?" I nodded and followed him outside the classroom.

"So, are you and shitty hair a thing?" He asked, and I didn't miss the hurt in his voice.

"No. What's wrong Bakugo?"

He just shrugged and whispered, "well, I kind of like you, and I know shitty hair said he did as well."

Oh. I blinked several times before speaking.

"That's... that's... thank you." I stumbled on the words.

He grinned at me. And I saw a glimpse of the Bakugo I fell in love with so long ago.

"Bakugo, you're such an amazing guy. But we're just friends, and I love Ejirou." My heart broke as I watched his smile fade. "I'm so sorry, Bakugo." I looked at the ground but he tilted my chin up so I had to look at him.

"It's okay. I will admit, normally I wouldn't be alright with stuff like this, but since it's you, I just want you to be happy. Even if I'm not the one who does that." I hugged him hard, and his arms came around me. I felt like a total jerk for rejecting him.

"I'm so sorry," I said again, but he waved it away.

"Don't be."

       We walked into the classroom, and Bakugo beelined straight for Ejirou and started whisper yelling at him. Then both boys looked at me. I raised an eyebrow and Ejirou laughed. Bakugo walked away, but not before he yelled loud enough for the whole class to hear, "you hurt her, I kill you!" Everyone was staring in confusion between me, Bakugo, and Kirishima. Then class started as Aizawa strode in.

       After class, I was about to make my way to Ejirou when Momo Yao, Mina, Tsu, Ochaco, and Jiro literally dragged me out of the room and to the girls' dorms. 

"Wait, are you and Bakugo dating?"

"Or is it you and Kirishima?"

"Were they fighting over you?"

       I was bombarded by their question but tried to answer them as quickly as I could. No, I wasn't dating Ejirou or Bakugo and I had no idea if they fought over me. Mina suspiciously looked me up and down. 

"Come on, spill the tea, Y/N!"

"Yeah!" All the other girls said in unison.

       I laughed and told them Ejirou and I liked each other, but we weren't dating. As for the whole Bakugo thing, I said nothing about it other than we were just friends. Then we all walked down to the lunch room. I walked over to get my food and came back to see Mina interrogating Ejirou, whose face was redder than the tomato on my burger. 

"What are your intentions?"

"Um, I love her and I genuinely want to date her." He had no idea I was right behind him. Mina grinned.

"You hurt her, I'll kill you, got that?" Mina gave him her best serious face, but cracked up instead. 

"No need for death threats, Mina," I laughed and Ejirou jumped and whirled around.

"How long were you standing there?" His eyes were alarmed, but I gave him a small peck on his cheek and walked over to the girls table. I glanced back just in time to see his face go redder than his hair. I grinned and sat down next to Momo Yao.

"You really can make Kirishima blush," Ochaco commented as we all looked back at him. The guys were teasing him.

"He got really lucky to have you," Tsu said, and I smiled at her.

"Thank you."

"Yeah. But is it true that you actually liked Bakugo more than him at first?" Jiro asked, and all the girls' eyes turned to me.

"Yes. It's true." I felt myself blush.

"Glad you came around," Jiro said around a mouthful of pizza.

       I was glad I came around. Why I hadn't earlier, I didn't know. But as I looked over at Kirishima once more, I could help but realize just how lucky I was for having someone like him.