Bright Part 1

Luke's POV

We poofed back to the studio just in time to hear Julie... playing music again. It was magical, her voice was just like I remembered. I never thought I would hear it again. We watched her as she played the final notes. I watched as she picked up the piece of paper and hugged it gently, softly crying into it. I looked to the others, Alex was just about to make contact (Well try too) when I pulled him away, then we poofed outside.

"Oh, dude, why'd you stop me? Julie needs a hug." Alex exclaimed.

"Bro, a ghost hug isn't the feel-good moment that you think it is. All right? Trust me. What Julie needs right now is just a bit of privacy." I told him.

"You know what? I think you poofed us out because you can't handle when people cry. I should know.I cried in a room for a year, and I didn't get a single hug from either of you." That was true, I guess.

"All right. Bring it in." Reggie said, leaning in for a hug.

"Don't touch me!" Alex shot his hand up/

"This is why no one hugs you." Reggie sighed. Suddenly another familiar face, Flynn walked by. She was also crying.

"Oh my gosh. Flynn, was she crying too?" Alex asked

"Yes! And the only thing scarier than one girl crying is two girls crying."

"He's right."

"Guys, we definitely can't go in there."

"But we can listen." Reggie said, running up to the windows on the studio.

Julie's POV

I couldn't believe it, I had actually played again. I never thought I would, I never thought I could, but I did. I really played music again. The first thought that came into my mind was that I needed to call Flynn. But then she came rushing in here.

"Carlos told me you'd be out here. We need to talk." She walked over to my piano, when a new thought popped into my mind. Was I going to tell her I had ghosts living in my garage? The guys who died over a year ago? I wanted to tell her but... I couldn't. I noticed Flynn looked upset, which was never a good sign.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, and she rolled her eyes.

"No, I'm not okay! You just got kicked out of music! I've been up all night thinking about what I was gonna say. Might've drank seven sodas, but... I need to get this out."

"Wait. I have something to tell you..." She cut in.

"No, it's my turn to talk. You can't give up music. Your music's like a gift, that would be a tragedy. So, you're basically, like, canceling Christmas, and I love Christmas!"

"Flynn, I..." I tried again but she wouldn't let me.

"Uh-uh! When we were six, we promised to be in a band together. Double Trouble." I remembered that band, it wasn't very successful but we hoped one day it would be. Yet the name needed work.

"I never agreed to that name."

"That's not the point. Jules, if you leave the music program, we'll be apart forever. That's just what happens. Sure we'll see each other in the hall sometime, but... we'll have different lives, make new friends." She blurted.

"That's not true."

"You're right. I won't be making any new friends. And the only time we'll contact each other is when we'll be liking each other's posts on Instagram. Every time I'll be hitting that little heart, my heart will be breaking because my best friend left me, and... Do you have any soda? My head hurts."