Bright Part 2

Julie's POV

I laid in bed awake staring at the song Luke gave me. I remembered Bright, he showed me it, a little bit before he died. I wanted to perform the song, I really did, but I didn't want to do it alone. My head was racing, I wanted to get back into music, but it was hard. I had more confidence than I did a week ago which felt good.

I folded the song up then tried to get some sleep. But my head was too full that I couldn't. I thought about Flynn, she'd want me to play, everyone wanted me too. Well most people. I tossed and turned, trying to sleep. Then an idea came to me. Then my alarm clock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I almost collapsed into Flynn at her locker the next day, she looked at me as I sprinted towards her.

"Are you ok, I haven't seen you run that fast since third grade." I calmed my breath, but ignored her question.

"I need your help" I blurted.

"With what?" Flynn questioned, looking confused.

"I have a plan to get back into music, but I need you for it."

Flynn's eyes widened "You, have a plan?"

"Yep, but it's going to be a big favor."

"Anything, what is it?" She asked.

"We're getting Double Trouble back together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got home to see my Dad editing photos on his computer. They were photos of the studio. I truly didn't want to move. Not any more.

"Hey, Dad. What'cha working on?"

"Well, now that the house is on the market, we need to add some photos to the website. Help me pick some good ones. Got this batch right here." He was a really good photographer.

"These are really nice." I admitted.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

"Um, Dad?" I started.

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking, if we're just moving 'cause of me, and you and Carlos wanna stay, I'm fine with that." He eyed me carefully, suddenly there was a new voice coming from the couch, spoke.

"I vote we stay! I don't wanna have to clean under my bed." Carlos said.

"Noted. What made you have second thoughts?" He asked.

"I don't know. I guess a combination of things. I know that tía says that moving is moving on, but I don't think that's the answer." That was true, it was a combination of things.

"I totally agree with you on that. I mean, I think... I think moving on has to come from the inside. And one of us took a huge step this morning." He was talking about my singing, I smiled.

"All our memories of Mom are here, and we should be too. Can we stay?" I begged.

"All votes are in. Yes! Yes. Yes! Thank you. I love you, Dad. Get in here. Come on. Mm! Big tight group hug." We squeezed together, then spilt apart. "Okay. Somebody help me find my phone. I need to call the real estate agent."

"Oh, um, I think I saw it in the kitchen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, so the spirit rally is tomorrow, I'm going to play bright with Flynn. I don't have much of a plan besides that, so what do you guys think?" I looked to my empty studio and waited for an answer. The pen scribbled on the page quickly.