Edge of Great Part 2

Julie's POV

"What song do you think we should perform tomorrow?" Flynn asked me as we walked back to the studio from school.

"I'm not sure yet, but definitely a Double Trouble classic." I told her.

She nodded. "I like it, something old, turned into something great!"

"Exactly."

We walked into a possible empty studio, "Guys!" I shouted, but there was no response. No flying notes, no instruments playing, for once we were totally alone.

"They're not here?" Flynn clarified.

"Guess not."

We sat on the couch, I took out my song notebook, but Flynn had other ideas.

"So, what's going on between you and Luke?"

I sighed, "I told you everything that happened, we're cool. There's nothing else to say about it."

She rolled her eyes, "Fine, fine, fine. But If anything happens-"

"You'll be the first to hear about it." I cut in.

She nodded and smiled, "Should we get to work."

"Definitely."

Luke's POV

I was halfway down the stairs, then I ran back right back up, and ran back inside Julie's room.

"Who guys should probably leave." I told them.

"We were about to, right before you ran out." Alex stood up and put her dream box back on the shelf. "Are you okay?" He asked me.

"I'm fine, everything's fine, let's just get out of here." I told them.

"Luke..."

"Come on, we'll talk in the studio."

We walked into an empty studio, which was probably a good thing considering how I was feeling.

I crashed on the couch and groaned.

Julie's POV

Even though the guys were always in the studio they claimed Wednesday nights for band practice. Which was crazy because they're always practicing. I tried to give them space to 'work' or whatever they did but tonight I had left my math homework there and I had no choice but to go in.

"Julie!!" Reggie shouted from his spot on the couch as he tuned his base.

"Hi, I'm just here to-"

Luke cut me off, "Hey Jules since you're here, might as well help us finish a lyric..."

Yep, I figured.

"I really should finish-"

"Please Julie!" Alex interrupted, "He's been stuck on it forever and refuses to put it away."

They gave me their puppy dog eyes and I caved, "Fine, let me see.

"Yes!"

I leaned over the piano with Luke, his song book sat wide open on top. "Here's what we got," he said.

I looked at the lyrics. It read:

Running from the past

Tripping on the now

What is lost can be found, it's obvious