Finally Free Part 3

Luke's POV

Back then things were different, back then I was alive.

It didn't change the fact that I loved her.

It only made it impossible for me to be with her.

"I wish I wasn't so stupid." I groaned.

"Don't say that." She replied.

"Julie, I can't- we can't-" I trailed off to finish my own sentence.

She rubbed her eyes "Did you mean what you said, back then?"
"I did."

"And what about now?" She said her voice was growing weak.

"I still mean it but-" I took a deep breath and spoke words I never wanted to say. "It can't happen anymore, it will-" She cut in.

"Stop, I know!" Her voice grew to a higher octave. "We can't be together." She turned around and then mumbled something that I could just barely make out. "I guess we weren't meant to be." She walked away.

"Julie!" She didn't stop, or turn back; she just walked into her house without saying a word. I felt tears build up in my eyes too, I never wanted to say that. But how do you tell someone you can't be with them even if you love them?

The short answer is...

You can't.

Julie's POV

I knew deep down I couldn't be with Luke. I knew that but it didn't make it any easier. I still really lo- liked him and he liked me. He used to. I just had to get out of there. I had to focus on our performance.

I got changed into an outfit in my mom's old trunk and then headed to the venue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I got there I arrived to a very worried Flynn. She was pacing around and the second she saw me she pointed to the stage.

"Look who's performing right before us!" She exclaimed. My eyes turned to the stage and I saw Carrie and her Dirty Candy girls in the sparkly colorful outfits. I sighed.

"Dirty Candy? How'd she get on the list?"

" Her daddy probably made a call." Flynn scoffed, "Are the guys here?" she asked in a silly voice.

I looked around and as I was Alex and Reggie poofed in.

No Luke. Made sense.

"Alex and Reggie are right behind you." I told her then gave them a little wave.

"Hi guys!" She waved in the wrong direction, I turned her body to face the right way and she waved again.

"Do you know where Luke is?" Alex asked me.

"No, it's fine." I told him.

Alex gave me a look as if knowing something was wrong.
"I'll tell you later."

"It is so weird only hearing half the conversation." Flynn declared.

Carrie began her performance with an annoying catchy song and her perfect choreography.

"Whenever I walk in the room

All the focus on me

The way I talk the way I move

They all want on my team

Not tryin' to brag, brag

But I'm flawless