32

~Ophelia's POV~

~Three weeks later...~

Bucky has been... Weird. Xander told me it's him getting used to his new hormones as part-Lycan. You know, more horny? He growls if anyone looks at me, even the women in the compound. My eyes follow his figure as he walks back and forth in his Lycan form in the living room. I'm trying to watch a nature documentary, and he's distracting me from David Attenborough. 

"Ophelia, he's gonna make a trench at this rate!" Tony said from behind the counter in the kitchen. Tony!" I heard a whack from Pepper. "Ow! Honey!" Tony whispered and yelled. Bucky growled at Tony, his hackles raised. "James," I raised an eyebrow at him. Bucky looked at me with puppy eyes. "Enough... Please sit down or go to our room. Pick," I said. Bucky walked over before lying down at my feet. 

I pet his head softly before rubbing my belly. Xander came from the hallway in his Lycan form, and Loki followed in his wolf form. I leaned down to Bucky's ear, "Behave..." Bucky huffed and licked my knee as a yes. Xander's eyes glowed, and then Bucky's. Mind reading, maybe? My eyes went back to the documentary. Loki jumped on the couch and laid his head on my hip, looking at my belly. 

Bucky lowly growled, staring at Loki. Loki's eyes glowed before Bucky's did and then stopped. I rolled my eyes and sighed, laying back against the couch. "Overprotective Alpha's..." I mumbled before rubbing my eyes, annoyed. Loki panted with his tongue hanging out as if laughing. Loki then looked at my belly and rested his chin on it gently. I scratched behind his ear as I kept my eyes on the screen. "Don't antagonize my mate and fiance, Loki..." I warned. 

Xander's eyes glowed, and Loki huffed before exiting the couch and following Xander out of the room. Bucky jumped on the couch and laid his head on my chest, looking up at me while wagging his tail. "Jealous?" I asked. Bucky growled lowly before nudging his wet nose into my neck. "I prefer a particular man from the forties..." I replied. Bucky licked my neck. "You already know who I prefer," I said.

It's been almost three months since I got pregnant. I haven't gotten morning or night sick once, which surprised me. Bucky and I found out the gender two months ago: a boy—a little Bucky. Bucky has been adapting to his Lycan form better and better with each passing day, thanks to Xander. Bucky and I also decided to wait until our baby was born to get married; it was okay with everyone. 

I winced slightly as I felt a kick on my right side. "He's getting stronger," I said with a small smile. "He takes after his old man," Steve remarked. Bucky whacked him on the shoulder, "Technically, I'm thirty." Bucky kissed me softly before kissing my protruding belly. Bucky spoke to our baby every chance he could. "Okay, are we ready for your check-up?" Bruce asked, holding a portable ultrasound system and lube. 

I nodded, "As I'll ever be, Doc." Bucky chuckled and sat beside me, letting Bruce do his thing before looking at the machine. "He's starting to move into position, which is entirely normal. His heartbeat looks good, too," Bruce said with a smile. I mentally sighed with relief; Bucky kissed my temple. "Thought of any names yet?" Bruce asked, looking between Bucky and me. Bucky looked at me, and I nodded to Bruce.

"We're torn between two," I replied. "Either Elijah or Damien," Bucky replied. Bruce nodded, "Well, you could pick one for the first name and keep the other as a middle name." "That's one of our backup plans," Bucky replied. Bruce raised a brow, "One?" I looked at Bucky and nodded. Bucky looked at Bruce, "Don't tell anyone, but we're thinking of making Howard the middle name."

"H-Howard? As in Tony's father?" Bruce asked. I nodded, "Even though Tony and Bucky apologized years ago, Bucky still feels awful and wants to pay tribute to Tony's father." "That's awesome, and don't worry, my lips are sealed," Bruce said with a nod. "Thanks, Bruce, "Bucky said. Bruce nodded and cleaned my belly before walking away. I sighed softly and rubbed my stomach, feeling our baby move under my hand.

"It's almost time..." I mumbled. "I know, Doll. I know..." Bucky said. Little did I know it would be tonight that our baby would come into the world. Bucky carried me as I screamed in pain. "Get her on the bed! Tony, hook her up to the IV!" Bruce said, and Tony hooked my arm up to the IV. I groaned and clutched the sheets with one hand and Bucky's hand with the other. "Fuck, this hurts!" I yelled, and Bruce moved my legs up before placing a cover on them.

Wanda and Pepper came in with some medical supplies. Pepper dabbed my head with a cool towel, which felt terrific. "He's breeched!" Bruce said, and I swore. "Of course he did!" I said and began pushing. "Keep going, Ophelia! You're doing amazing!" Bruce said. Bucky kissed my hand multiple times. "Push, push!" Tony said, helping Bruce. I pushed more and bent forward with a yell.

Then a cry, a wail, a scream pierced the room. I froze, leaning against the pillow as Bruce held a crying, bloodied baby: our baby, our little boy. Tears streamed down my cheeks, and I looked to Bucky, who looked overcome with joy. Wanda cleaned up our baby and wrapped him in a light blue blanket before handing him gently to me with a smile. "Congratulations, you two. He's a healthy seven pounds and four ounces," she said. 

I held our baby close to my chest as he wiggled in my hold before settling. I smiled widely, "Hello, honey... I'm your mommy." Bucky softly kissed our baby's forehead, "I'm your daddy; we both love you so much already." "So, what's his name?" Pepper asked. "Can you send everyone inside first?" Bucky asked. Pepper nodded and opened the door, letting the gang inside. Nat smiled as she cried, "Oh, God... He's so cute!"

"Congratulations, you guys. He's beautiful," Xander said, smiling. "Congratulations," Loki and Thor said. I smiled at everyone before looking at Bucky with a nod. Bucky cleared his throat, "Everyone, meet Damien Howard Barnes..." "A-as in..." Tony started and stopped. "We wanted to name him after your father, as a tribute to him for what happened..." I said and kissed Damien's nose softly. 

"Holy shit..." Tony said and hugged Bucky tightly. "Thank you," Tony said. Bucky nodded as they pulled away, and Tony looked down at Damien. "He's getting a suit," he said. I giggled softly, "Not when he's a kid, at least when he's sixteen." Tony grumbled, "Fine..." Pepper kissed his cheek lovingly. Damien opened his eyes and met mine; he gurgled with a smile. I smiled widely and caressed his plump cheek. 

Damien then looked at Bucky and squealed happily. Bucky chuckled with a smile, "Hey, buddy." "Want to hold him?" I asked. Bucky looked at me with a nod, "Yeah." I handed Damien to Bucky and watched as the two made baby noises. My fiance and our baby, now that's a sight. Our family grew even more. We grew stronger and closer than before. Before we know it, Damien will grow up quickly.