Chapter 19 - Clearly no!

In order not to spoil the Christmas celebration, Yibo and his brother decided to postpone the conversation with their parents for a while, but to already clearly show that they will not be kept away from each other anymore. For example, during their Christmas dinner together, Yibo declared that he would help his brother find an apartment and that he would also help Haikuan furnish his appartment.

Yibo could see in his parents' faces how much they disliked the fact that the two brothers could no longer be kept apart. However, they said nothing, which was probably due to the fact that Zhan's parents were there and immediately said enthusiastically how great they thought it was that the two brothers were finally getting closer to each other. Yibo quickly understood the positive effect Zhan's parents had on his parents.

In the evening, they all sat in the living room exchanged a few gifts and after they each had a glass of Christmas punch, their parents and Yibo's brother left for the hotel. Yibo and Zhan made themselves comfortable on the sofa, snuggled under a wool blanket, cuddled together and finally fell asleep there.

In the morning, they were again awakened by the doorbell. But this time not by their parents, but by a completely unexpected person. Eva was standing in front of the door and came to Zhan with a request! They let Eva into the appartment and just as Eva was about to explain to Zhan why she was there and what she wanted to ask him, Zhan's parents called and asked Zhan to go to the train station to pick up a relative there and bring him home.

When Zhan set off, Yibo was alone with Eva. They were sitting in the kitchen. Yibo offered Eva a drink, she chose a tea and said, "That will never change with Zhan, he still prefers the kitchen as a common room. And this kitchen here is perfect for that."

"I also like using the kitchen as a common room. But we also spend time in the living room. Mostly in the evenings when we want to watch a movie." Replied Yibo. He felt a little uncomfortable being alone with Eva. After all, he doesn't really know her and he doesn't really know how to act towards her.

"Your appartment is really nice. No comparison to Zhan's old appartment."

"Mhhh, the old appartment was good too. But here we have more space and feel really comfortable. We own the appartment, so we don't have to pay rent. Everything is state of the art."

"I see. Um Yibo? Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"I so um, I want to ask Zhan later if he could accompany me to Ireland. My great uncle passed away and the funeral is in three days. So far I didn't get to tell my relatives that Zhan and I's marriage is over. And I don't want to have to tell them at the funeral service. That's why I wanted to ask if it's okay for you if Zhan accompanies me?"

Yibo shook his head. "No, it's not okay for me. You had three months or more to tell your relatives that the marriage was failing. You yourself wanted the end of your marriage because you fell in love with someone else with whom you are now even in a relationship. With all understanding for your situation and the greatest respect because of the death. But my answer is no! I don't know what Zhan will say, but I'm against it."

"Yibo, it would only be for 4 - 5 days."

"Even if it was only 1 day, I would say no. Zhan is with me now. We are married, even if only by accident. But in the past three weeks, our accidental marriage, became a real marriage. We wear wedding rings. We kiss. We have sex! So everything that goes with a marriage!"

"And what if Zhan says yes?"

"Then I can't change it. But I'm absolutely convinced that Zhan's answer will be no, too."