Chapter 21 - Mid-term summary part 2

Zhan entered the judge's office and greeted her and her assistant.

"Hello Mr. Xiao. Please take a seat. I'm glad you could make it." The judge greeted Zhan.

"Hello, no problem. I've taken the rest of the day off." Zhan replied.

"Ah, just like Mr. Wang."

"Yes, exactly."

"Well, the conversation won't take that long."

"That's clear. I've taken the rest of the day off because I still have plans with Yibo."

"Ah okay, good. I assume he's waiting for you?"

"Yes, in the waiting room."

"Well then, we'd better get started right away so he doesn't have to wait too long."

"Good. I want to say right up front that divorcing Yibo is out of the question for me."

"That's what I thought after the conversation with Mr. Wang. Then just start talking."

"I never thought I would say something like that. But Yibo is my absolute dream man. I didn't even know that I had such a thing as a dream man. But Yibo definitely is. Things went very well with us right from the start. We understood each other immediately. After just a few days, we decided to buy an apartment together. We were so sure that it wouldn't end with us after six months. We even bought wedding rings. We spent Christmas together with the families. And we found each other as a couple at Christmas. We celebrated New Year's Eve with friends. I... why am I even telling you all this? It's clear to me that Yibo is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. He makes me feel complete. It's like he was the missing piece of the puzzle that I was always looking for."

"That sounds nice."

"Thank you. Now that I know what it's like to have a loving marriage with someone you love more than anything, I've realized how foolish I was to think that a satisfying marriage would be enough. I'm even ashamed of myself for thinking that way. And I never want to have a marriage like that again. And I never will. Because Yibo and I really love each other very much and that won't change. Because we simply belong together."

"What else can I say? I believe you straight away. Not just because of the conversation with Mr. Wang or your words. But because I can see how much you love Mr. Wang."

"I do that. And I know that we have you and my parents to thank for the fact that Yibo and I are now a couple. I don't know how to thank you for that."

"Invite me to the wedding party hahaha."

"Sure, I'd love to. Then all our guests would get to meet the person Yibo and I owe it most to that we are together. Another judge would probably have simply annulled or divorced our marriage. But you have recognized what Yibo and I really need."

"Oh God, I'm blushing already. I saw an opportunity with you and gave you the chance to make something of it. I myself am completely overwhelmed by what has come out of this opportunity. I think it's great and I'm incredibly happy for you. And I think we can end the conversation at this point. Then Mr. Wang won't have to wait too long and I'll get some more rest before the next hearing."

"Okay, sure. I'll see you in four weeks, right?"

"Yes, exactly Mr. Xiao. But I think we both already know what my verdict will be."

"At least I hope we're thinking the same thing."

"I'm pretty sure we do. And Mr. Wang has also made his opinion clear."

Zhan, who had already stood up, sat down again, put his hands flat on the desk and said: "You know, I just had an idea."

"And what's that?"