Chapter 22 - The happiest day

Slowly, with a beating heart and a beaming smile, Yibo walked along the path to the historic factory, surrounded by colorful flowers, blossoms and trees glowing in a beautiful green. The fairy lights in the bushes and trees along the path sparkled in cold white and warm white and looked a little like the stars in the sky.

The historic factory, Yibo had no idea what had been made here back then, shone brightly in the evening light because of the spotlights directed at it. In the windows you could see subdued light in warm white and purple. You could also make out the white gathered lengths of fabric hanging from the ceiling in light arches. And if you looked closely, you could even see a few of the chairs with white covers and tables with white tablecloths.

 And if you looked closely, you could even see a few of the chairs with white covers and tables with white tablecloths

Ivy garlands with flower blossoms had been placed around the gate of the entrance area. Here, too, a string of warm white lights sparkled in the middle of the garland. The corridor had also been decorated. White gathered fabric panels on the ceiling and walls. The path to the ballroom was lit by large candles in tall candlesticks. Large pictures of the couple, of him and Zhan, stood here and there and would greet the coming guests and show them the happy couple for coming all the way out here.

As Yibo entered the festively decorated wedding hall, he walked slowly down the aisle to the stage. He stood at the lectern and looked into the hall. A tear of joy rolled down his cheek. He was happy. He was already so happy that he could have cried. What would it be like tomorrow when they had their happiest day ever since they had become a couple? Would Yibo cry the whole time?

Yibo put a hand to his left breast and could feel his own heart beating, he was so excited. He was afraid he wouldn't get a wink of sleep all night because he was already looking forward to tomorrow so much. And then what? Then he would be overtired and have dark circles around his eyes that the beautician wouldn't be able to conceal. And that would mean the dark circles around his eyes would be visible in every wedding photo. A slight panic began to spread through Yibo. His breathing quickened. But then he immediately calmed down again. "ZhanZhan." He said tenderly and hurried to his husband, to whom he would say "I do" in a ceremony tomorrow.

"Hey my darling. Is everything okay with you?" Zhan asked as Yibo rushed to him and wrapped his arms around him.

"Oh yes. Everything is perfect." Yibo replied, kissed Zhan and asked him: "Isn't it just beautiful here? Didn't they do a great job preparing it?"

"It really is beautiful. And the organizers have really done everything exactly the way we want it."

"Yes, really. They have implemented all our wishes. Now I can hardly wait until we celebrate here tomorrow with all our friends, relatives and families. Although we are already married, for me and I think for you too, this is our real wedding. After all, we didn't have one because we just accidentally got married."

"You're right. This will be our wedding. But for now, let's go home and take a long relaxing bath and then we'll go to sleep so we're rested tomorrow. Because it's going to be a long day."